Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retards!!!

Default RE: Retards!!!

Gee, god forbid the train should lurch when your inbetween those cars... x(

I agree Chris, and the topic name pretty much sums up what those people are! CP would probably get blamed for their death or injury if the train got the Medium to Clear and highballed outta town. Even tho the Xing is 12 cars down and there is that underpass in town also.

I have a shot of some guy driving around the gates, good thing 6.3 megapixels is a high enough resoulution to get a nice clear view of his plates!!! Soon to be submitted to the Brechin Ontario OPP division. :7 If it got challenged in court im sure the train crew of CN 112 or my father(who was there with me) could testify that they did infact run the gates. I even have the exact time to the second the photo was taken :P
    Rob

Pffff! Thatís normal (sadly). I just started with CPR and already had to call RTC to get two people of my damn train. People will never learn.....

Ryan
    Revelstoke, Bc
    (Mile 125.7 CPR Mountain Subdivision)
    CP Rail Conductor

That's bad enough, but I really shake my head when I see people crawling UNDER the cars to cross the tracks. I really hope their life insurance is paid up.

cheers,
    Ernie :)

Doncaster, I apologise that we, United Kingdom.

Don't worry, they can always sue the FOC...

Don't know about in the US but over here AIUI digital photos are not accepted as evidence, as they can be tampered with.

--
    Tom Beevers
    http://tombeevers2000.free-hosting.o...piccadillybve/

>CP would probably get blamed for their death or injury if the train got the Medium to Clear and highballed outta town. Even tho the Xing is 12 cars down and there is that underpass in town also.

Rob I won't think that CP would get blamed for their death or injury because:
    1. Those two people are trespassing on railway property
    2. There is a perfectly good railway crossing 12 cars (130 some odd feet) down from them.
    3. They don't understand what the meaning of those signs in which they total ignore (Private Property No Trespassing)
    4. Those two people don't care about their own personal safety until something happens to them

I see this everyday and I'm totally disgusted by it, walking the tracks whenever a train is coming sometimes they have their walkmans on too, and then you got those punk wannabe gangsters that cause more trouble to the railroad then anyone else by jumping on trains or tryin to beat the train at a crossing. It's sad that CP has been laying off alot of railway police and not even hiring them to help patrol areas that are needed, I know that there are some areas that are more dangerous than others (and I think Oshawa is the worst with punks damaging equipment and property from what I heard from the crews). Well thats my 0.02Ę's on it.

That's great Rob!

I wonder if any railroads have experimented with a type of "red light" camera, similar to the ones that take photo's of people license plates when they try to run a red light, it could take pictures of cars that run railway gates while they are in operation. There is a cost associated with this of course, but perhaps it could be put in place at particularily troublesome crossings. It would be beneficial to the railways because it could disprove any liability on their part for level crossing incidents. It would likely require new legislation to make them legal.

I don't think it is really appropriate to use that terminology. Don't forget the general public is not as well educated about trains and the dangers that surround them.

We, as railway enthusiasts, tend to recognize the dangers associated with crossing railway equipment. These dangers may not be apparent to the general public. The same goes for public crossing.

I try to explain my railway job to friends and family and they have no idea how the industry works. However, I don't even have to explain it on this or any other railway forum.

Chris, perhaps you can use a bit more maturity can the next time you consider what to write as a subject line for a thread.

Andrew Pickell

[link:www3.telus.net/apickell/SquamishSub/bcrhome.htm|BC Rail Squamish Subdivision for MSTS]
    http://www3.telus.net/apickell/SquamishSub/banner.jpg

Hello Chris. I just so happen to be offended by the title of your topic. It is derogatory to people with disabilities, whom of which cannot help themselves from having.

Such as my sister.

I would have no problem with calling them "idiots" or "dumba$$e$", or what have you.

Now, I'm sure many of you are reading this thinking I'm a sissy (or slightly other things having to do with female genetailia) I have to put up with alot of crap from alot of intolerant bungholes and now this comming from a person whom I enjoy their repaints, and posts. Dude, you should really know better.

Sorry if this ruined your day, it surely ruined mine.

-Andrewpickle and FURX- What are your problems? I find nothing wrong with what Chris said. The general public is ignorant about trains, agreed, but why defend them when they are doing something stupid? It is that kind of attitude that leads to railways being sued by these kind of people when there is an incident and the railway looses! A FURX, I am truly sorry to hear your sister has a disability. However, if you are going to freak out everytime you hear/read the word "retard" you need to learn how to ignore that! If your day was "ruined" by reading the word "retard" I feel sorry for you! The word is in the dictionary, and is used even by the railroad the describe braking mechanisms. I'll be the first to agree with you it was used out of context. But for you the only way the derogatory meaning will never go away is if you ignore it and don't label your sister yourself, but think of her as the beautiful person she is.