Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Canadian Cascade Owners.

Default Question for Canadian Cascade Owners.

Hi all. I would like to have this route as I have all of MLT routes but according to EStore charts I would be paying 49.77 with the exchange.I am a canadian and I live in New Brunswick. I would like to know what you were charged to get the route or if there is another way of getting it. 17.95 seems to be way out of line for shipping a CD. I bought a dvd/cd burner in Halifax NS on line and was charged 5.00 to send it Saint John N.B.Thanks to all who answer. Greg

Default RE: Question for Canadian Cascade Owners.

I don't know much about the exchange rates, but I would assume what you are being charged is comparable to what us in the US paid. Shipping was $8 by UPS, or I think $15.00 by Fedex. Probally your only other option is to see if it would be cheaper to have a friend in the US order it and have them ship it to you, but that would take a long time probally. Your best bet is to just suck it up, order it, and enjoy it.

Greg, I ordered it sent regular post. It took two weeks to Sask. and cost $33.24 Canadian including postage. The route is worth every penny, by the way.

cheers,
    Ernie :)

It took about 8 days to ship by regular mail to Thunder Bay. My cost was US$24.44 converted to CDN$33.07 on my Credit Card.

Arrow201

I'm in Halifax, I paid about $33 shipping included. This uses USPS priority mail, but it took about 2 weeks for it to get to me. The expensive option you mentioned it likely FedEx or Purolator. You'll get it in a day or two, but you'll pay a huge premium.

Mine finally showed up !

It was just under 34 bucks as I recall as well.

Best money spent on MSTS so far !!

Later

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Sure wish that damn picture was bigger Tim

Yah, like the others said, 33 buck via regular mail. I live in southern Ontario and it took about 2 1/2 weeks, respectable. I have a hard time justifying the extra $17+- for Fedex or whatever for something like that. It is a great route, (actually mine is still in the package) but I think I can be patient and just have it shipped regular mail.

Thank you for all the replys. It wasn't the cost of the route that had me upset but it was the cost of shipping. The thoughts of having to pay pretty near as much as the route kindof turned me off. So 33dollars isn't so bad, going to order tonight. Thanks again Greg.

This is nothing! I am also a big Robotech fan. I ordered a DVD set from the Robotech website at $30 US. I had to pay $18 US for shipping then with the exchange it came to $70 then I had to pay duty on top of that which was another 7 or 8 bucks. In the end this $30 DVD cost me $80 CND. Then to boot I found the same DVD at a Best Buy here in Canada for $27.99!!!!!