Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surfliner

Default Surfliner

I placed an order for the Pacific Surfliner MSTS addon back in early July and have not recieved the CD as of this date. Any one out there have similar problems getting the addon as I have not heard anything from them when it will be available.

Default RE: Surfliner

They are having troubles. www.facingpoint.com

Yep it must be Hell for them ... no really, I sympathize ... it was going to be so wonderful, it started off so well with so much enthusiasm , we watched as key members of the development team were evacuated from brush fires earlier this year, or was it last year? Even then it was pretty much still on track for the release date.
    I used to get the 'regular bimonthly newsletter' .. but that has been noticeable by it's absence over the last couple of months. ... the forum at facing point requires you to register before you can even read it. So it seems the shutters are down .. which is a shame.
    I was waiting till it came out, not being willing to go the 'patience' route .. I'm a big fan of Marc's trainsets and overall the project looked like a big step towards realism and immersion .. it is really terrible to think they are still having trouble with it... slow torture it must be.
    So , courage lads! I know what it's like when you get a 'bad result' .. even when your motivation is good. I'm still hoping it does surface .. and then we can all celebrate. jv

I'd highly suggest visiting the forum created exclusively for the Surfliner, which you can access by going to www.facingpoint.com and clicking on "forum." Once there, you can email Tim Frost with your order information, and you'll have access to the exclusive forum there where you can download four different Surfliner trainsets and two Metrolink ones.

http://www.groeneman.com/socalvr/matt.jpg

--The FBL Commuter Edition!!!!!!--

-You can never have too much inner beauty. Or socks.
    -Matt, 3:25am

-Why are we here, and what is our purpose? That, my friends, is the everlasting eternal question. That, and, where's the Honeycomb Hideout?

-Creating Pac-Man comics for the humorless people out there

Yep, what you ordered was the pre-release sale. There have been a lot of people that have been really impatient with the realease. Personnaly I think it will be worth the wait. Oh by the way, it is scheduled to be ready for download this weekend, with the CD being mailed a few weeks later.

>Yep, what you ordered was the pre-release sale. There have
    >been a lot of people that have been really impatient with
    >the realease. Personnaly I think it will be worth the wait.
    >Oh by the way, it is scheduled to be ready for download this
    >weekend, with the CD being mailed a few weeks later.

Correction; Download date is Sept. 4th. It was moved another week due to server problems.

Ken Plaza ;-)
    [Link Expired]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ken.plaza.9"]My Facebook Page
    [/URL][URL="http://jeffreywimberly.proboards.com/"]Rails of the World Forum
    [/URL][URL="http://frankoburns.proboards.com/"]Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum[/URL]

It is sad to see how some people are acting about this route. Like a bunch of little babies; threating to call a lawyer and all this other stupid crap if they don't get the route NOW. I ordered it back in October, nearly 11 months ago. Its only a route, a route that will be well worth the wait when it is ready. I don't even go to thier forum anymore, other than to check the status of the route. Its become a collective group of whiners.

USRailFan Guest

Yeah, it is really outrageous isn't it, that people actually demand something in return when they took our money without delivering the product (possibly a criminal offence).
    You may be a millionaire to whom 25 bucks is small change, but not all is in the same situation, you know.

It is has been interesting to watch the changing positions of customers regarding this route; critics then supporters, back to critics, many inconsistencies.

I really hope we see it on the 4th, though I am not holding my breath.

[Link Expired]

I paid for the route just as you did, and I am just as po'ed as the next guy, but complaining about it and demanding this and that doesn't solve anything. It is not a crime to take money for a product and have delays set it back. All you nut cases out there that want to hire a lawyer and complain to the BBB, go right ahead. Just be prepared to get laughed at, as Facingpoint as broken no laws. Get a refund, quite complaining and get on with life. Nobody cares.