Thread: MSTS (or Train) Fans from New-Brunswick, Canada

Default MSTS (or Train) Fans from New-Brunswick, Canada

Hey

Are there any train or MSTS fans here from New Brunswick, Canada except me??

Redfox
    Future engineer for the New Brunswick East Coast Railway

"Grab Life By The Horns!"- Dodge

Default RE: MSTS (or Train) Fans from New-Brunswick, Canada

Hi Redfox. My name is Greg and I live in Saint John.N.B. I am retired in my early 70s I used to be in H.O.scale and modeled cn and cp up to about 15 years ago. When the price of models got so expensive I got out of it. I did'nt have a layout as I had no place to put one. But now I am a great fan of msts and having lots of fun running trains that I could'nt do before. Greg

Hey

Nice to see people from NB

Greg, do you sometimes get the chance to go to NBSR's Dever Street Yard (former CN Island Yard)?? I was wondering if you can get pics of the new Sunbury Transport units.

Redfox
    Future engineer for the New Brunswick East Coast Railway

"Grab Life By The Horns!"- Dodge

Hi Redfox. No I don't go over that way very much . The SNBRR is in the western end of the city which is on the Dever road.(formally Fairville) then changed to Lancaster quite a while back, then the whole area became Saint John. The west side was all CP untill the Irvings bought up the subdivision a few years ago. The CN terminal is on the east side off Rothesay ave. That was known as the Island yard which CN still owns. Snb now has a contract from CN to opperate this sub and maintain locos and cars. Enough of the history lesson. The Sunbury Transport units you asked about are they road or rail so I will know what I'am looking for. Cheers Greg.

What I think he means is, the New Brunswick Southern GP38-2's (ex Devco) painted in the Sunbury Transport colors of yellow and black.

Since Sunbury and NBSR are owned by Irving its just part of the east coast corporate empire.

Jon

HI. You are right and it is NBS not SNB. No I have not seen this unit myself as I don't go over that way very often and when I do it's not in that area. There was a picture of that unit in the Telegragh Journal a while back and I forgot about it. I cut it out and forgot about having it.I have not seen this engine on the eastern side of the city. Most of the stuff on this side is CN and once in a while a NBS geep painted in green.Greg