Thread: stack trains in TV show

Default stack trains in TV show

Last Night Discovery channel had a show about the Port of Long Beach expanding to handle mega cargo ships. They showed stack trains being loaded and unloaded. The yard crew failed to meet quota because a truck derailed as the train was being moved. The truck had one wheelset on the tracks and the other was off. Are such derailments common in yards?

Default RE: stack trains in TV show

Yes... That is common...

Usually jump the switch @ a frog... To bad I missed that show. I caught a intresting one before off ports in Canada, Panama, & the States. It was mainly showing Canada's Deltaport in Vancouver, BC.

I saw some of it, but not all of it. Pretty neat watching them off load containers like that. A few weeks ago History Channel had a "Modern Marvel" episode on loading docks, and had a segment on containers and intermodel.

I was watchin a Skateboard..BMX. and Dirtbike stunt show that was somewhere in CA. well i looked at the background. huge intermodal yard.... 5 secs later 4 BNSF D-9's flew by with Stacks.. and Trailers. im like WHOW AWSOME! lol to bad i couldnt skateboard at that park.. be watching trains as i attempt to do tricks :)

yea, too bad BNSF had that mishap. The wheel slipped of the track, but, at least the engineer saw it happen