Thread: Downloading Issues

Default Downloading Issues

Whenever I try to download something everything will go normally until the end. Then the Download Window will begin to flash constantly and I have to Coordinate a ctrl+alt+delete to come up at just the right time to get rid of it. I triend downloading "downloading software" and an updated winzip file but nothing worked. Any Ideas???

Default RE: Downloading Issues

Corey,

Sounds like you have a dial-up connection--you don't usually run into this with broadband. Your ISP maybe issuing a timeout over a long, high-megabyte dowload. Have you asked your ISP about it?

Did you go through the troubleshooting part of the help section of you download manager? Look around on the software download sections of CNet, ZDnet, Tucows, etc. for a different download manager than the one you are using. That may give you some relief.

PaulS

[Link Expired]
    PaulS

I have a cable connection. This also occurred when i tried to unzip a file. At the current time, my computer has no internet, i download everything on my fathers mac, put it to zip disk, and move it over to my pc. When I clicked on the zip file it did the same thing. I could unzip it manually through a winzip type program, but its still a major pain.

I also downloaded another download manager and it still did the same thing.

Thanks for the advice though.

Try coppying the zips to desktop and running them from there. I have to do that sometimes from my backup discs.

Again, that was done. It did the same thing from the desktop and from the destination folder.

Thanks again though