Thread: Download help

cp6024 Guest

Default Download help

Hi all,
    When I was in the file library here and tried to download a file, the download just automatically started and placed my new file into my C:\Windows\TEMP folder. This problem just started yesterday and I am kind of lost here. Does anyone know a solution for this so I can choose where my files destination will be? Thanks:)

Default RE: Download help

Hello Andrew i had that same problem when i first started downloading stuff at train-sim this is what you do, i made a file CALLED MY DOWNLOAD FILES in Windows on C Drive when it asks you where you want to put it look for that file and put it inside it. I all so made a hole bunch of sub folders inside that folder with each railroad for engines and cars. I hope this helps you out Andrew.

Steve
    Blind Bay B.C.

cp6024 Guest

Thanks Steve, but what has happened to me is when I click the "I Accept - Start Download" button, I don't even get to choose a destination like I could before. It just automatically sends the file right to the TEMP folder:-(

Hello Andrew i don't know what to say you must change that setting if you can, i just tryed to download and it lets me chose a path no problem it has to be in your internet settings i'am guessing i'am no computer whiz so i can't really help with that sorry.

Steve
    Blind Bay B.C.

I had that problem until I discovered a neat little trick.
    Right click on the I accept start download button and choose Save Target As and navigate to your target folder. It'll be in there

cp6024 Guest

Great, thanks Dr. Satan. Its a lot easier too!:D

This was before my computer thought it would be cool to take a header into the Grand Canyon. Nice little trick, but it sure as hell worked for me

I rather suspect this depends on which browser you are using. I use Opera normally, and Netscape as my standby.

Both of those offer the option of opening or saving a file, then if I choose to save it, then I'm asked where to save it (last used destination is offered up again - often it's the right one). I don't think either of these browsers have a facility to allow the destination folder to be set-up ahead of time (which is what it sounds like happened).

Just my 2cents

Cheers to all

John