Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport Tycoon

Default Transport Tycoon

Something made me look around for info on a DOS game that I really like.

I found out that Chris Sawyer had finally made a WIN XP compatable sequil of the great game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe". Chris originally started the series of games about 1995 +-. If you go to the Atari sight I think there is a story about how he was working on a sequil and suddenly got a pashion for rollercoasters and the project made a drastic turn which gave us the fantastic game of "Rollercoaster Tycoon".

Supposedly Chris still has interest in transportation games and after doing a lot of work on rollercoasters he went back and created a new transportation game called " LOCOMOTION " I just picked up two copies at Best Buy.

I am still learning the new rules for this game and can not really say how good the game is but I figured that if Chris created it and he thinks it is an improvement to "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", then I am pretty sure I'm going to love it.

Wild Willy the Wacko

Default RE: Transport Tycoon

I have been playing with Locomotion since it came out. Its fun like the first one. I don't like the technique for laying track. Its just like the roller coaster tycoon track (same creator). It definately takes some getting used to. The price was decent $26.99 at bestbuy. It has a few new features, but if you liked the classic, you'll enjoy this one.

Thanks, I'm done with my work now and I'm going back to check out the game some more.

I got hooked on the original game when my family made me take down my HO train and race car layout. I played it as a model train layout for a long time and progressed through the many variations that the options allowed. It was a good economical model as well and I hope Locomotion has the infinite variation that the original had so as to keep playing. If not, I have Win 95 and the " replay" version to put on an antiquaited machine.

Wild Willy the Wacko.

Ahh Sweet...

I used to burn out on that game along with sim city 2000. I found SC2000 for XP. Play it alot.... Where can I find the new transport tycoon? I used to make pretty sweet railways with it over in Brazel and have one line across the whole map using no cheats. Took my million dollars and ran...

Thanks

ne one know of any decent cheat codes for this game? I hate playing games like this w/o cheats.

Greg
    HighV0lt6ge - AIM/AOL
    [email protected]

Well, i had NO idea that this was in the works!!

Just tried the demo, i'm hooked! :)

----------- BUZZ -----------
    [Link Expired]
    -------- BUZZ

Yes, me too. I'm still learning but I noticed that longer trains are possible and multiple engines. Although I did not figure out how many, I just made a mistake a few minutes ago and I think I made a train with four or five different engines. This may keep me busy till PO&N 9 comes out!

Wild Willy the Wacko

"Where can I find the new transport tycoon? "

Chris renamed it " LOCOMOTION " and I just bought it at Best Buy.

That name bugs me a little since I liked the old name and it is really much more than just locomotives. It has busses, trucks, planes and boats.

After a day of playing it I have not seen any fly-bys of strange aircraft like when the derrigible used to crash into a small airport and close it down for a while or the small bommer plane that would sneek by and blow up a factory. I miss the sub too. I never saw it do any damage but its conning tower would pop up and cruse around the ocean for a while and then dissappear. Oh, the good old days!

Good luck and happy simming.
    Wild Willy the Wacko

I like that you can add multiple engines to trains. Most the engines fly up the hills. I have found that trains sometimes get lost and wander around. Even if you put in waypoints. Also, for some reason you can't attach airports to big stations.

I noticed a circuit city ad had the game for $20. Very reasonable. I've had lots of fun playing it for the past week.

"I have found that trains sometimes get lost and wander around. Even if you put in waypoints. "

I had not played enough to see this yet, but I know that was a problem in Transport Tycoon Deluxe and I am surprised to hear that Chris has not solved this problem!

"Also, for some reason you can't attach airports to big stations."

That problem also sucks. I always thought one should be allowed to attach all types of station together.

"I noticed a circuit city ad had the game for $20. "

Gee, I wonder if I could get a price match refund? I'll have to look and see if I can find that offer and go back to best buy. I paid $30.

Wild Willy the Wacko