Thread: Hurricane Jeanne: #4 for Florida

Default Hurricane Jeanne: #4 for Florida

It appears that Hurricane Jeanne will become the 4th hurricane to hit Florida this year sometime next week. This hurricane will probably landfall on the east coast of Florida and continue across the whole state, possibly making landfall again on the panhandle. Expect more railroad shutdowns in the coming week.

Default RE: Hurricane Jeanne: #4 for Florida

Not again! They said back in MAy that this would be a active hurricane season. Have we reached the peak of hurricane season? I thought it was in late September.

I really wish my Mom didn't move to Orlando.
    Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.- Winston Churchill

No worries with Jeanne.. it's now a Tropical Depression and probably will die or hug the coast.. no threat now to Florida.
    Brian Bundridge
    TrainSim.com Moderator

Now there is Carl brewing off the coast of Africa. Still can't get over the damage done by Ivan. I thought Charley was bad. I guess with a name like Ivan, you just had to know it was going to be bad.

Looks like Karl and Jeanne are gonna spin out in the Alantic.. no worries about them anymore, though Jeanne is shown to recover into a hurricane. If that happens, NC and VA will see one unless it cuvers off into the Ocean.
    Brian Bundridge
    TrainSim.com Moderator

Default RE: Hurricane Jeanne: #4 for Florida LANDFALL TONIGHT

Well, as you all know, Jeanne did go out to sea.
    Then she turned around.
    If you live on the east coast of Florida GET OUT NOW!
    Jeanne will make landfall somewhere on the east coast of Florida (if you were affected by Francis, you're in for another one) within the next few hours. It will be a CATEGORY 3 hurricane. Just a reminder, Category 3 and up is considered a MAJOR HURRICANE. This could easily be worse than Francis, and Floridians won't have too much more time to evacuate.
    Watch for FEC and CSX to shut down if they haven't already. Silver service will probably be cut back to South Carolina or Georgia if it runs at all.

Default RE: Hurricane Jeanne: #4 for Florida LANDFALL TONIGHT

Please let us who live in Florida deal with our hurricanes. Trainsim is just not appropriate for this type of forum. We are well experienced on what is going on, and what needs to be done. We watch the weather channel, local TV stations, and computer weather websites I am sure much more than you who are not going to be impacted. I have spent many days in disaster relief and will be spending more. I have been barely missed by Charley 12 miles away at landfall. Francis, Ivan, and Jeanne have all left their marks and damages. I have had several usexpected guest evacuees forced to move from their areas. We have very knowledgeable and capable (most of the time) leaders to assist with evacuations and putting them into effect. But, we don't need to find hurricane warnings and info on Trainsim and I am sure others in Florida feel the same way.

I have some activities that I have started that have been delayed being posted do to the hurricanes. Look for them in a few weeks.

Thanks for your prayers and concern though. If you want to be of help get involved in disaster relief. Many volunteers come from all over the country. We have had people here where I live who came from Hawaii and Alaska to help with Charley. If you can't pay your way--join the Red Cross. They will pay for volunteer travel.

Respectfully,

Bob Edwards
    North Port, FL