Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Locking Facing Point threads.......

Default Locking Facing Point threads.......

Yesterday there was yet another Facing Point thread here, and this time it was locked because the topic has been discussed many times. At first I completed agreed with Dale in doing so. Most of us know by now what FPM is all about.

But what about new people? Everyday, more people discover this site and many others simply by doing a search on the internet. Right on the home page for trainsim.com is a banner announcing the release of the Pacific Surfliner route. Any unsuspecting newbie would then proceed to FPM's site, buy the route, and most likely never see the route or DVD.

We all know by now that Andrew is a crook and a liar. He hasn't paid his partner(s), namely Marc Nelson, and it appears he owes far too much money to keep going. He shut down his forums to avoid any further negative topics on his home turf, but still operates the e-commerce side of things.

People new to the hobby need to know about FPM and in return, need to know that there are other quality payware developers out there, like Streamlines, MLT, 3DTS 3DTrains, Diesels West and Rich Garber. Locking topics about FPM or deleting them is not the way to go. Not only does it allow those who have been screwed a chance to vent, but it lets new people to the hobby know that FPM should be avoided at all cost and support should be given to the other payware creators.

Keep the topics open as long as they are cival please!

Default RE: Locking Facing Point threads.......

If folks would just use the search function...they would find out what they need to know. This "dead horse" has been beaten and dead long enough. Let it go. Besides, I remember a "little incident" involving yourself that caused a huge ruckus on other forums as well as this one. Irony at it's finest. That matter was "dropped"...perhaps you ought to follow that example...in gratitude.

Kip

This Thread should be Pinned to the top of this forum.
    Charles

Ask and you received good sir
    Brian Bundridge
    TrainSim.com Moderator

As long as we are talking about not confusing any Noobs, 3DTS is short for 3DTrainStuff

Chris
    www.3dtrainstuff.com
    It's more than just trains

As a 'newbie' I welcome this warning. I'm new, I enjoy the game/hobby but I have to be honest and say that I don't know what or indeed who is out there. I have no way of knowing if a route is all that is says it is, or if a company is trustworthy or not.

To say 'oh you should use the search feature' is to miss the point. If I know nothing of the problems of FPM then how would I know to search. Most people operate on the basis of good faith and would assume that a company that advertises here is a reputatable company. Maybe I should be more cautious but only by reading this thread have I found out about it and realised that such problems do exist - so in future I will search before buying, but I needed to read this thread to know that. So thanks for posting it and thanks for pinning it. :)

I welcome threads that take an honest critical view of payware products and companies. If someone is taking my hard earned cash I want to know that what I am getting is going to be worth the money. I want to know if a company can be trusted with my credit card details. I want and need to know that I am not going to be ripped off.

Yes Kip, I am well aware of what you are referring to. Unlike Andrew and FPM, I came forward on my own, provided an explanation fully and took full responsibility for my actions. The problem is people here wish to jump to thier own conclusions about what happened and I can't do anything about that, nor do I care what other people want to believe.

FPM however is taking credit card numbers and not delivering product, nor has Andrew bothered to try and upright the ship, rather he continues to let it sink.

Yes, there are more than enough FPM topics if one searchs for them, but not everyone does, and not everyone knows what has happened. TrainSim.Com is really the premier site for forums and add-ons and thus topics regarding FPM should be kept open, or in this case pinned so other people don't get screwed. It has been almost 2 months since my DVD was said to have shipped and I will probally never see it, and I am not alone.

Ya, i mean if i see a route and it looks cool, im not going to use the search button here. I will just go and buy it. And a lot of people dont even use the search feature.

Alec

Personally, I think Nels should remove the ad for Surfliner, knowing what we all know now.
    Just MHO. ;-)

Okay, here is one more warning! FPM not only ignores its customers, but also public agencies...!!!

Here is the response I got today from the Better Business Bureau!

Re: Complaint #98067344 - Facing Point Media

Although we have tried to obtain a response to your complaint form the company in the hope of reaching a mutually acceptable resolution, they have ignored our requests. We are, therefore, closing this complaint.

Your unanswered complaint will become part of the information we report to the public on this company for the next three (3) years. Also, should any government agency request our files on this company, your complaint will be included.

If you have worked out a settlement directly with this company, would you please send us a note by email to [email protected] or fax at (909) 825-6246 or by mail. Please tell us about the resolution and any other comments you may have. Your help in doing this is extremely important to ensure that our reports to the public on this company is accurate.

Thank you for contacting us about this complaint.

The Better Business Bureau

You can figure out the rest...

Furthermore I would like to inform everyone about the BBB rating of Facing Point Media: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...nyID=100004400
    Cheers,
    Sebastian