Thread: NEWARK & NEW JERSEY - 53 Starting Points and their Location on the ROUTE MAPS

Default NEWARK & NEW JERSEY - 53 Starting Points and their Location on the ROUTE MAPS

I located all the N.&.N.J. "STARTING POINTS" on the N.&.N.J. "Route Maps". Took 2 days to find them all !

So as not to keep you waiting until I can annotate all the pages and let you download the amended PDF, I summarized their locations in an EXCEL Spreadsheet you can DOWNLOAD Zipped from my site:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/oaw_00000b.htm

Default RE: NEWARK & NEW JERSEY - 53 Starting Points and their Location on the ROUTE MAPS

Now UPDATED with Page Numbers as well.

Keeping in mind that the "Overall map / Contents" sheet is Page 3.

Hope it helps you finding your way around this HUGE system :-)

Default RE: NEWARK & NEW JERSEY - 53 Starting Points and their Location on the ROUTE MAPS

Added another Version, the Starting Points sorted in Alphabetical order.

I am assuming that you all had EXCEL rammed down your throat with the Bundled MS Software included by OEMs ?

Printing using EXCEL is just as easy as with WORD. I prefer EXCEL to WORD for most Word Procesing because it has Table capacity by default (Columns), easier to Format, Borders, Colours and generally easier to work with for all sorts of jobs :-)

Here is part of what the Alphabetically Sorted Version looks like. Come and get it :-)

[Link Expired]

Is there anything else that will read Excell docs,i dont have it.

regards,
    O.G.

MS Word will if you have it but you will need to mess around with the Cells.

Otherwise I could try converting to MS word and then into a text doc. Let me know if you want me to give this a try.

Bill

Got a better idea. Will send the JPG I scanned it into to show part of it in the Forum to my Web Site. Just give me a couple of minutes. ;-)

After you downloaded it and UNZIPped it, IExplore and other Graphics Images Display and Editing Software will print it.

Have you downloaded IRFAN's brilliant, Number One FREEWARE Images Browser / Editor from www.irfanview.com yet. His site has had 9.5+ million hits to date. Says it all ! :-) He is part of the LINUX Department in the Vienna University.

I use it for my Photo Album and the Images I Upload to the Forum, re-sizing and manipulating them, changing them from one Graphics Format to another, sharpen the images, ect. It's easy to use, even my EX can handle it ! :-)

This looks great! There's one thing to mess up: I used DL&W and Erie names when I made the paths. Maybe it would be better to change the to EL.

Enocell

The "Starting Points" as displayed by MSTS are permanent and the ones Simmers look at, trying to locate them on the maps like I tried to ?

I can change the Spreadsheet at a moment's notice. Just let me know what you have got in mind and E-Mail me the details.

Just had delivery of the Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and will be starting to learn it after I have fed my tum.

The plan is, as soon as I know how, to annotate your maps, showing the Names of the Starting Points at their precise location on the maps. The Alphabetical Index with it's Page Numbers will then point users of the N.&.N.J. to the Map Page where the Starting Point can be found graphically ! :-)

Your amended PDF can then be DOWNLOADED from my site too.

Any Comments or Suggestions ? This here Programmer is always listening to what his Customers want (within limits). :-)

Now back to PART-2 of the Roast Lamb I cooked yesterday . I am starving ! ;-)

O.K. guys, the first edition of Teemu's amended NEWARK & NEW JERSEY ROUTE MAPS ATLAS is on my Web site at:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/oaw_00000b.htm

UNZIP it to anywhere you like and DOUBLE-CLICK on the NNJ-MAPS.PDF. I am assuming everybody has the ACROBAT READER !

It now has an Alphabetical Starting Points Index, refering to the newly numbered Map Pages.

Page-4, CENTRAL OF NJ - ELIZABETHPORT now shows the actual location of the Starting Points. Other pages to be completed likewise by the same time tomorrow, I hope.

HAVE FUN WITH IT :)