Thread: Need help with Whitefish Install

Default Need help with Whitefish Install

Yes, I have read the read me and done as I should, and yes I have looked at previous threads for help. As Mr. Dollins has told me, this is a hard install. I got his Seattle route to run last week, so I can't believe it should me much harder to install this route.

Any ideas?

Chris
    Sierra Vista AZ

twkwan Guest

Default RE: Need help with Whitefish Install

That infamous 'Whitefish Train World Initialize' error thingy,I presume? Run 'EZSTUFF4'(from the file library)to copy stuffs from the default routes,then use Route-Riter to trim the size back down.

I'm afraid not my friend. I can't even get it into the menu of routes. I downloaded the and unzipped the ist file into routes, and the 2nd file into a newly created whitefisf folder in the routes section. I've run the DOS files, I've extracted here and there. What the hell am I missing?

Chris

Seems to me that was a zip withing a zip, the trick is to unzip all the zips into one temporary folder, which leaves you with all the internal zips, then unzip those into a common folder. However the path is stored, you have to cut the main folder out of it, and paste it into \Train Simulator\Routes.

[Link Expired]

In this example, you want C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\seaview2, and you'll see the subfolders \Activities, \Envfiles, \Lo_Tiles, etc., under that. Sometimes the author zips it from his trainsim folder, and the whole path is stored in the zip, in which case you end up with C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\seaview2, and that don't work. Even C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\seaview2\Seaview2 is no good, the main route folder, however you do it, has to end up directly in the \Train Simulator\ROUTES\ folder with nothing in between. And don't forget if you have a non-default MSTS install on another disk you gotta put it there, D:\FunGames\Train Simulator\ROUTES\seaview2, for example.
    Whew. Well, once you get it to the right location, here's a better batch to use:
    [Link Expired]
    That's an edited version of EZstuff that copies only \USA2 and \Templates, which is all Whitefish uses.

Thanks Sniper once again for the help. I'm going to try and mess around with it again this weekend. Mr. Dollins told me it would be harder to install than Seattle, but I had no idea.....

Thanks again,

Chris