Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSW Railmotor uploaded

nadnerb Guest

Default NSW Railmotor uploaded

I have released the NSW 620/720 in Tuscan Livery onto the trainsim.com website. It should appear soon.

[Link Expired]
    (this screenshot is a little old, the actual model is a little more refined).

The CityRail livery will follow as soon as I can fix a few problems with it (its my first model).

Enjoy!

Default RE: NSW Railmotor uploaded

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-02 AT 09:05PM (EDT)[/font][p]Excellent work. It's good to see some more Australian rolling stock in here.

I also have to admit that I've never ridden in one of that class. However, growing up in Sydney on the Carlingford line, I have fond memories of the smaller and less streamlined CPH class that were known as "tin hares":

[Link Expired]

They would normally have been operated singly or as a pair. The driver sat in a narrow cabin at the center of the front or back of the coach, leaving just enough room to install small sideways seats so that eager schoolboys could sit at the front and not only have the best view forwards but also look directly into the driver's compartment through normally open windows on each side (it was too hot and stuffy to keep them shut) and advise him how best to operate the train and blow the horn.

It's probably unnecessary for me to mention www.railmotorsociety.org.au. If you're thinking of modelling one of these, I'd be very interested to see it too.

BTW, those two black rectangular objects mounted on the roof at the front at one end are air-cooled water-containing radiators, since the motor was mainly a 95HP Leyland petrol engine fitted with a torque converter. The guard, standing in a parcel section in the centre of the coach, would have to pump water up to the radiator when the level dropped. This could take several minutes!

Thanks very much, we seem to be getting more Australian models lately.

Derek
    Cheers
    Derek

Kwp Guest

nadnerb,

Looking forward to the set.

I actually had a short drive of a 2 car 620 set back in the 60s, I was 16 at the time.
    The father of a girl that worked with my mum was an NSWGR driver and I spent a day at work with him once during school holidays. He was doing a run to Maitland and he allowed me to bring the train to a halt at Waratah station and get it underway again. We`d both probably get shot for that nowadays though. Anyway his hands were not too far away from mine though (I only used throttle and brake) anything else that needed doing...he did.
    The passengers never suspected anything and they all got safely home for dinner that night. I had many cab rides during my teen years but I never again had a chance at the controls, and I think my driver friend retired shortly after.

Thanks for giving me another opportunity to drive one of the old `Sputniks` (I think the Sydney suburban electrics were called sputniks too) but up here in Newcastle these RDCs were also refered to by that name ... we did`nt have that pesky overhead wire then and the mighty C38 pacific still ruled the short North, and thanks also for putting new life into some old memories.

Keith.

nadnerb Guest

Thanks very much for your compliments, I really appreciate it. I have had a ride in these old machines, and they still run, as far as I'm aware - but be quick, they are being retired very soon! I believe they are still running between Newcastle and Telarah (no overhead there yet!) until next month, then I'm sure the railmotor society at Paterson will keep 'em going (as well as LVR at Cowra and a few other organisations).

As for the model, I hope it lives up to expectations! It wont be like the real thing - I had to use the default Khia31 cabview and interior view, but hopefully I got the basic physics right.

Once I release the CityRail version I'm going to try and make it drivable from the trailer, and a cabview and interior view eventually. Texturing is my major hurdle - can anyone provide any hints?

Kwp Guest

nadnerb,

There are still a few running (not in Tuscan livery though) and I don`t think for too much longer. I took the kids for a ride up to Maitland last year, had a great time.

They used to run from Newcastle to Gosford in four and six car units, and i`m not certain but I think in eights as well, before the electrics.

Keith.

tulloch Guest

Hi,

It was your first model, and it really showed. They are WAY to small, and well I don't like the number on the front. I think that the ones in CityRail grey will be better. Anyway, your job was ok, and seeing that it was your first, it can be forgiven. Also, a 620 is better then no 620, SOO congratulations on having a go, and I hope that your stuff only gets better.

If you wish to contact me (I wanna contact you), [email protected]

[MARQUEE]
    [Link Expired] [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE direction = right ][Link Expired] [/MARQUEE]

Regards,

Ben

tulloch Guest

Hi,

I think that Railway Digest published a photo of a CPH cab in the last issue, see if I can find the photo.
    Oh and the ARHS (they publish RD) site is http://www.arhsnsw.com.au

Thats all for now.

[MARQUEE]

EMD567 Guest

tulloch, where can i downlod your railmotor NSW , 620/720 you have so much to critisize about others, so where can i download your model then ,eh
    get a LIFE jerk
    mark jamiesom

tulloch Guest

SORRY, PLEASE re-read the message SLOWLY, then ask yourself, was what I posted needed?

It wasn't ment to be taken that way!!!

And it aint mine, and I thank the person that made it.

[MARQUEE]