Thread: Need some help.

Default Need some help.

I have been away from my computer for a while due to the season and have seen a lot on Rich Garbers Ohio Rail. I have b7 on my machine right now. What I need help with is what do I need to do to get up to speed with the latest? I am not sure if I need to uninstall my current version or to leave it before I install b8. I see so many versions and such to where I'm not real sure of whats going on.
    Thanks...........
    nscaler

Default RE: Need some help.

I installed b8v7 a little over a week ago, but it was a clean install (I never had an earlier version). I just checked the readme's that come with the installation package and they say nothing about uninstalling previous versions. Garber may have some additional words about that at the download site...don't recall. My guess is the installer will just overwrite your older version.

If you have enough hard drive space (I have a second 40 gig drive that I use exclusively for backup..."plan a-head, you may need one" :-) ), I recommend backing up your entire MSTS folder (remember when we called them directories?) before installing any new route. That way, if it screws up, you can just go back to what worked before. (As far as I can tell, route installations do not change the Windows registry, so that is not an issue, but if you want to be really safe you could back that up too.)

Hope that helps.

tsharaldh Guest

There should be no problem upgrading to build 8 from build 7!

Its a great route!

Haraldh F

I too am sure there will be no problem upgrading to b8 I am just not sure if I should go ahead and uninstall the previous version first. Of course I will save my ENV. files first so my AWE water and sky conductor will work on b8.

The problems you are having other have had. You need to check further on pages 5, 6, and maybe further and look at the other threads. There may also be some in Route Design. Here are some links to look at www.edmfamily.com/msts/index.htm

Also reference this link for a full explaination:

[Link Expired]

Good luck

Dave Horton

Processor AMD Athlon II X 4 645 Processor, operating at 3.10 Ghz., 12 GB Memory, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, GeForce GTX 970.

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Thank you to all for the info. I did some more digging and have b8 running.
    Thanks again..
    nscaler