Thread: C&TSRR Route Detail site links etc.

Default C&TSRR Route Detail site links etc.

I'm really enjoying the route! Looking on the web, at some sites I had in my favorites, I found pics of most of the important locations, buildings, and trackside structures! Ghost Depot's site has loads of great info. http://ghostdepot.com/rg/mainline/sa...umbrespass.htm
    The Narrow Gauge Circle is another site that is very helpful. http://www.narrowgauge.org/

Hopefully, we'll see some of these structures in the coming months. I have hopes of finding time to do some custom terrain textures of rock, and maybe detailed stuff of Cumbres Pass/Windy Point. Also an attempt at the rocks of Toltec Gorge. That will require some real tweaking of the terrain itself to make some of the rocky spires. This is most likely a next winter project!

I did get out in the range/desert around here and take photos of sagebrush and sagebrush covered hillsides with the hopes of making sagebrush shrubs to use as forest objects, and some terrain textures.

Steve

Default RE: C&TSRR Route Detail site links etc.

I belive fozzy said he was going to build some structures for the C&TS route when he finished his K36.

>I belive fozzy said he was
    >going to build some structures
    >for the C&TS route when
    >he finished his K36.

Yup!! Doing a few buildings as soon as the K is on the rails.... Water Tower, Roundhouses, Depot buildings etc etc etc...

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
    [Link Expired]

Steve:

That would be great. I know I was frustrated trying to figure out how to do some of the spectacular scenery on the route, and trying to figure out how to simulate the sagebrush. In the end, I just didn't. I'm all in favor of having anyone with the interest upgrade the route. My intention with this one was to learn how, then move on to what I'm really interested in doing - the Chili Line between Alamosa and Santa Fe. THAT one I'll definitely do in "real" 3' narrow guage.

Andy

Default RE: C&TSRR Route Detail site links etc. Sagebrush!

[Link Expired]

Sagebrush as a forest object with varying sizes. I'll probably do another bush with different shape to intermix. I've overlapped as many as 12 high denisty (set at 5000) forest objects, with only very slight performance hits!

This one can be placed individually or as forest object. I should manage to get the readme done and upload in a day or 2.

Steve