Thread: EuroMania Strikes!! New Forum!! Euro Invited!!

Default EuroMania Strikes!! New Forum!! Euro Invited!!

New European Addons Discussion: http://www.trains-station.com/

Please let me note up front that in no way are we trying to compete with TrainSim.com - results speak for themselves - Nels has done a terrific job. But it might be that yet another forum section for Train-Sim is not needed - the current situation is perilously close to overload - a server and the human brain can handle just so much informaiton all at once, all in the same place.

We've had good discussions on this forum regarding European routes and equipment - the problem for English speaking peoples is we mostly speak English and that is all. Many of us are interested in the European offerings but are reluctant to try them because we don't know what we are getting into - we can't even get past the foreign language website intro.

We're trying to change that and to provide a permanent home for English speaking TS'ers who think they might be interested in European and scandinavian and et al - plus those who already have an intgerest and want to make it wider and deeper.

We'll feature equipment weekly specials, maybe the same for routes and for certain a leading add-on route designer will be joining us to discuss his work.

While we are considering Amtrak going bankrupt this week, Munich is handling 1,000 passenger train movements - per day. Munich is about the size of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Passenger rail ops fans who investigate the European scene may well believe they have died and gone to rail heaven.

Please join us - we need your support. Here's the URL again, then click on Forumn and "European Addons Discussion": http://www.trains-station.com/

Thank you one and all - I"ll be moderating the discussion. See yoiu there,

Byron Inglesh aka Bing

Default RE: EuroMania Strikes!! New Forum!! Euro Invited!!

Bump!!

Bing

So now there is a message up saying that the forum is closed, with no explanation, and the login I created yesterday evening no longer exists.

Any idea what is going on, Bing? Anyone else know?

Rob.

Hmmm...I didn't have that problem. As of now, the forum is up and running...maybe a server glitch?

Cheers,

cjmaclean - Have you been able to access the new section, European Addons Discussion?

Something peculiar is going on with Stefan's server. I can get the basic website, but when I access the forum, everything on it is old, the most current message being June 6. The new section - European Addons Discussion - doesn't even exist!! I am supposed to have moderator access, which isn't working (?).

If some of us can get on the new section and others can't, I don't know what to say. I will continue to e-mail Stefan, he might be away from home for some reason and is not aware of what is going on.

Sorry - I have no idea what is happening. Stay tuned, I'll let everyone know, soon as I find out anything.

Bing

The new forum is back again and Manifold has posted a message saying the problem has been cleared up.

Rob.

Yes - I just checked it and everything seems to have returned to normal. Stefan was indeed out of town, the server software pulled a funny. A successful posting was made at 10:53 AM EST.

Come on , come all - bring your title, bring your wife. No, sorry, that's Z. Frank Used Cars, isn't it?

Come on over anyway. Stefan tells me the funny stuff won't happen again.

Bing