Thread: What the!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default What the!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I run MSTS, I get the 'SEND' message. What in the world is going on?
    I am really cursed.

Joe

Default RE: What the!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, Every time I have gotten the dreaded "Send" message, it was always due to something that I had just changed...such as, a new activity, consist, cabview change, video card setting change, bios change etc. If it worked before, obviously MSTS doesn't like something that is New. I made the mistake of adding several activities at one time, before trying to run MSTS. Whwn it crashed I had no idea which was the cause. Lesson learned.... one thing at a time. If you can't remember what you last changed, it may help to look in the Consist folder, using "details" view, click on date to sort by date... you get the idea. Same with the activities folder etc. P.S. Don't delete suspected files. Move them to a temp folder. Also "Consist Builder" has a function that will check your consists, engines, and wagons for errors. Good Luck. Kyle

If you get the send message in both the TS and the Editors and Tools, open Con Builder and go to File, Test, and test everything. Any errors will be listed. It might be a little confusing as to what to fix, but copy and post one of the errors on the forum and someone will be able to tell you how to fix. Last but not least, if the errors are in what you recently installed, go and cut and paste all related files to a temp directory outside of the TS folder and see if that corrects the problem. Many times, you will get the error after installing an activity for which you do not have all of the equipment needed for the activity.

Try moving any folders for recently installed activities to a temp folder.

These are some suggestions other than having to start over.

Carlyle Thompson
    ACL Purple and Silver

You read my...mind?