Thread: Crossing Collisions

I_totally_love_trains Guest

Default Crossing Collisions

I've heard that in MSTS 1 you can go right through vehicles at the crossing. Does this mean that in MSTS 1 that vehicles can get stuck on the crossing? Thanks for any correct answers!

Adam

Default RE: Crossing Collisions

It is my understanding that MSTS (1) will allow cars to pile up at crossings to the end of the earth if it permits it! "Cars" don't know the rules of the road (nor does MSTS.. hehe sorry!).. Cars will block intersections and EVEN other railroad crossings (if they are backed-up at one that is parallel to another on the same street).. Cars will still go RIGHT through the other cars so to speak at blocked intersections, and I wouldn't expect the trains to do any differently when cars are backed-up over the next parallel crossing.. (However, I have never tested it to see what happens should you hit a car parked on the tracks.. (yes, that would be real.. but I don't actually fancy the idea of doing that..)) I assume nothing would happen, and it would ignore it as just any other object and not "think" of it as "A CAR ON THE TRACKS!!!!"..

You are correct about going "RIGHT THROUGH" cars, as it actually animates this.. (wish I could find some screens to show how ridiculous it is) Mind you, I never had it happen to me, and wouldn't want it to happen even in MSTS! I just love honking the horn so much that EVERYONE knows who's coming down the tracks.. :7

[font color=dark red] cdntrains [font color=green][marquee scrollamount=4] [Link Expired] "must be trains in the blood" :) [/marquee]
    [marquee scrollamount=4 behavior=slide][font size=1] http://www.frograil.com/gifs/gifs.htm [/marquee]

I have only had it happen once on Marias, near Belton. It happens often on the Seattle Route for BNSF. One crossing the cars do not stop at all, another crossing has a car sitting in the middle of the tracks.

Ya! Actually I've witnessed the same thing too.. But I don't attribute (and neither does MSTS) as a crossing accident.. It's just something missed (like a mis-aligned orange box on the carspawner path, or the stopping distances in the carspawner file are a little off.. (I recall one car has his nose sticking out on to the tracks in the Seatle Route..)

[font color=dark red] cdntrains [font color=green][marquee scrollamount=4][Link Expired] [Link Expired] "must be trains in the blood" :) [/marquee]
    [marquee scrollamount=4 behavior=slide][font size=1] http://www.frograil.com/gifs/gifs.htm [/marquee]

There is a lot of it on the N.&.N.J. where cars drive across the track oblivious of your approaching train which just drives through them. I think it's hillarious ! :7

Must not take any SIM too serious ! It's like in FS2002, which lets you Taxi your plane through others without complaining ! :-)

G'day Adam,

I have never actually ran into a vehicle on a crossing in MSTS.
    But a vehicle did crashed into me. Take note who the wagon belong too, they should have know better. [Link Expired] The SD90's made short work of it. I posted this a long time back as I thought in MSTS, this could not happen, but it does at odd times.

[Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]

I have had cars stopped at a crossing with freight cars blocking the tracks while I dropped some others at a siding and the autos decided they were there long enough and proceded to drive right through my freight cars blocking the crossing.

lilman316 Guest

Ive had it happen by belton but it was so cool cuz it was like the car tried to beat me and I hit it right in the door! it was cool. I wouldn't want it to happen in real life but I wish I coulda seen them ##### there pants on the game!! One to many martinis my good friend! LOLZ
    lilman316
    rail game is my game