Thread: Buildings Glow

Default Buildings Glow

I remember a thread that dealt with the problem of "Glowing Buildings" at night but cannot seem to find it. I have created a night texture for the Stuckeys and it seems to work, but the building still has a "glow" to it. The colors I used on the base model are very light to begin with and wondering if ther was some sort of setting that would tone this glow down. The night texture is almost black except for area that I want to be lighted. Thanks

[Link Expired]
    -- John Tackett --

Default RE: Buildings Glow

Hi John,

Unfortunately, the glow comes from the way the modeler made the building in the first place and whether they used Specularity on the model....if the specularity was set to (zero) then you'll probably always see some lightness emitting from the building....you can ask the modeler to fix it and they might be able to do it.

Rick

Default RE: Buildings Glow

Rick

Actually it was me that built it. In regards to the specularity setting, where is that set at within TSM. I am still learning this program and this is the first building that I have done with this issue (though the Krystal comes close, but the building is almost all white) Aprpeciatte the feedback. One of the days I get this stuff down (and them MS will change the rules)

[Link Expired]
    -- John Tackett --