Thread: A Small World 2000 km Alpha 1 - is here!

Default A Small World 2000 km Alpha 1 - is here!

Hello,

:)

The Alpha 1 version of my route is available for download now.

Some nice activities to explore the route are included (I can recommend the ones with a lot of traffic, for example the suburban activities in Mumbai). There are also some very long ones, for example a real overnight train, but also some other adventures.

I also enhanced my site a bit (although that's still not the new site), for example you can explore the route by imagemaps.

http://ronaldus.com/asmallworld/pic/alpha1.jpg

Default RE: A Small World 2000 km Alpha 1 - is here!

Congratulations Roni...You've been working on this route for about a year, and it's good to see your addon finally coming together. Well done! :)

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains
    http://www.3dtrains.com
    [link:www.3dtrainstuff.com/products/usa-branch/cajon_pass.html|http://www.3dtrains.com/images/cajonbanner.gif]
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Well I've downloaded it,and have installed it,all as per instructions,onto two computers,and it froze them both at the "loading" screen.No yellow bar advance,no HDD activity,and with "program not responding" on trying to exit.Help please!

I already heard that, no MSTS didn't freeze.

The activities are the problem (which I made relatively last-minute)

This shows again how bad MSTS performance is:

If you delete all but one small one, MSTS loads immediately, if you delete only the ones with a lot of traffic, MSTS still loads quite fast, if all activities are there, MSTS takes 3 minutes to load on my computer (Athlon 1.2 GHz, 7200 RPM HD, Win XP)

I will fix this with something I had planned anyway, but now it seems to be necessary sooner: A little program, which only loads the activities you actually use, and where you can put together your own A Small World activities without using the Editor.

I will put details which activities are causing this into the FAQs on my page later today.

FAQs on my page have been updated with the usual problems that occur when you publish a route...