Thread: F40PHVIA by Gaetan Belanger ..... Sound problem fix

Default F40PHVIA by Gaetan Belanger ..... Sound problem fix

Hi guys. I recently downloaded the F40PH engine to head up my Train Artisan VIA passenger cars from Gaetan Belanger's web site: http://pages.globetrotter.net/valleypass

This is a great work of art and was very easy to install. When I first tried to run Train Sim after the install, I got an error message saying Train Sim could not start the cabview for the F40PH. I ran Conbuilder which found a problem with the .sms file:

The error was found on this line: Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Dec_Past 0.850 StartLoop ( 1 File ( "../../Common.Snd/EMD_F40PH/x_sd_power_cruise6wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )

Solution:
    The problem was a missing period before the wav file name should be _cruise6.wav

Geatan posted a replacement .sms file on his website, or you can open the .sms file in Wordpad and place the period yourself just before the wav suffix in the line shown above. I tested the replacement file. It works very well.

Gaetan wanted me to post this for him. I am honored!
    Thanks, Gaetan, for a fantastic model!
    Earl

Default RE: F40PHVIA by Gaetan Belanger ..... Sound problem fi

Would you happen to have any screenshots of the engine and cab?

For the record, I am 99% sure that the VIA Rail passenger cars are Geatan's as well.

I am sure of this as I was testing them for him LONG before they got to TA.

As I recall TA was nice enough to provide the space he needed to have the files available for everybody to download.

Later

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Hi Tim,
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I went back and read the "readme" which cam with the VIA passenger cars. Gaetan was the original designer. I appologize to Gaetan for not giving the credit in my original post... didn't know but should have taken the time to be sure.

Hi Chad,
    No, I'm sorry, I don't have a program to crop off the jpg to make the size small enough to get past the size requirement of the forums. Take my worsd for it, you won't be sorry! It is a very well done model and is very visually appealing.... very detailed.

Oh well, Thanks Gaetan and to all you greatly talented people for the high quality addons!
    Earl