Thread: Train Data base problem

Default Train Data base problem

Have a recently developed nagging lil bug.

I downloaded and installed some 48 foot tanks. The install went fine but I am getting the "Problem with the train database" error, where it tells me it can't find the BASF_wag file.

The file is there and in the right folder (I checked it three times just to make sure).

I deleted the whole directory, re-installed but still getting the same error.

Its not a big problem as I can just click "no" and the game loads up no problem (or "Yes" if I don't want it to continue to load), but it is annoying the heck out of me.

Ideas?

Default RE: Train Data base problem

The folder and file name in your trainset folder must be the same as listed in the error message or the sim won't find it. Make sure the spelling is exactly the same including "." The file BASF_wag should end in .wag or .eng. You might want to look at the files with conbuilder to see if it can tell you what is wrong.

Regards

Eric
    Regards,

Eric

Did you also download and install an activity, because the error will be caused if any consist in the activity is calling for the file in that form. In my 48ft tankers folder there are two BASF files --- 48tank_BASF_full.wag and 48tank_BASF_empty.wag no BASF_wag.

[email protected]
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Thought that might be the problem but wasn't sure.

I went through and had to create a folder and move some of the 48 foot tanks to the new folder.

I think this might be a left over when I tried to get the Newark and Jersey City to work.

I never could get it to run properly.

Seems to be find now.

I had to move a couple of the tanks to a 48ft folder. I also had to move some of the gons to a 50ft folder. Those were the next error I had.

I think this might be a left over from when I had the Newark and Jersey City route loaded. I thought I had gotten rid of all the consists for that but I guess not.

Never could get it to work right (the N and JC)