Thread: Paint Shed Opinions Needed !

Default Paint Shed Opinions Needed !

I been thinking about getting Paint Shed 1.5 for whole unit painting.
    It says it now works with Direct X9. Since I already bought a cabinet full of junk that don't work the way it suppose to, I thought
    I better ask this time. Opinions wanted !!!

Buck & Lap Dog Susie Q

" Rollin my own to save money for payware"

Default RE: Paint Shed Opinions Needed !

Hi
    I have Paint Shed 1.2, it works in my machine okay with DirectX 9.0a installed, using Windows XP.
    I have only recently bought Paint Shed 1.2 (sold as the latest version) how long has V1.5 been out??.

Stew aka 6330trainfan
    Albany WA Australia

Hi There!
    I've been skinning since just after MSTS was released, and I kind of specialize in repainting steam engines. I've personally never used Paint Shed, but in my experiece, probably the best thing you can get if you want to get into repainting is a good standard graphics program such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop. One of these programs, along with TGATool2, and some good railroad fonts, as well as access to reference material is really about all you need to repaint any type of MSTS rolling stock or scenery object. I use Paint Shop Pro and have found it easy to learn. Additionally, you can use these programs for all kinds of non-MSTS related graphics applications such as editing photgraphy. Just my $0.02 cents, so you can take it for what it's worth. Hope it helps some!

Grizzly

http://home.earthlink.net/~priceta/_uimages/bb.gif http://home.earthlink.net/~priceta/_...challenger.gif

Thanks GrizzlyBear !!
    You helped me a lot. Just saved me 25 bucks. I have those three
    already, so I guess I'm ready to go. I didn't know if the real pros used it or not. Now I know. Thanks again.

Buck & Lap Dog Susie Q