Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superliners

Default Superliners

Are there any prototypically correct Superliners out there yet?

Has anyone undertaken this enormous need yet? Are there sets for sale out there?

I'm looking forward to the Surfliners and Metrolink cars in the San Diegan/Surfliner route comming soon. But I still think that ultra realistic Superliners are desperately needed.

It always bugs me that I can have the most realistic looking freight train, yet my intercity Amtrak service still is lacking that realism. Don't get me wrong, I use the currently downloadable sets often and like them very much. But it seems that everthing else is getting more realistic, while the Superliners aren't.

Hope someone out there is working on it.
    Matt
    Click Here for photos of my train layouts

Default RE: Superliners

They're already available in the File Library. Look for "slcoachs".

Yeah, those things are awesome!
    Seems like they were overlooked in the train-sim world for some reason, but I downloaded mine in early April.-Jeffrey

Could I see a screenshot? I'd be interested in seeing what they look like if you could, thnx.

I have this set as well. And they are great for the 1980's, especially with F40's on the point. But no phase IV? I'd like to see a profesional company take on this project. Maybe 3Dtrains or someone similar who offers outstanding products.

Also to any company that might produce a set of Superliners, Santa Fe Hi-Levels are much needed as well. They could be painted for Santa Fe, Amtrak phase III, and phase IV(hartland flyer), and a lounge could wear the special pacific parlour car logo as used on the Coast Starlight.
    Matt
    Click Here for photos of my train layouts

I'd submit to you that the work done for that recent release of slcoachs.zip stands up well against anything that might get thrown at us in the way of payware; much thanks to the chaps who made it, since they chose Phase III. If you find the current situation unacceptable, use your imagination and pretend that it's prior to David Gunn and the money to paint ain't there yet 'cause the Acela program's taking all the funding. Besides, that which is free has a virtue all its own... :D

Marc Nelson once upon a time indicated that Hi-Levels might be part of a theoretical El Capitan release, but I'm not sure if he's holding to that, or if he's shelved it. Me, I hope he's got the El Capitan waiting in the wings, 'cause that's the one Santa Fe passenger train (with proper consist) that I truly want.

Hi Southwest Chief,

well, wouldn't that be an ideal opportunity to jump into the repainting "business" yourself? All you need is TGAtool2 and a good image editing program, plus some spare weekends at hand...

No, seriously, if you are so deperate to see Phase V superliners, and if you have all the knowledge / sample fotos etc how they should look like, why don't you try it. Believe me, once you're sucked into doing repaints, you'll find it hard to stop, spending much more time doing things for MSTS than driving around in trains (apart from test runs with the new equipment).

All theoretical knowledge you need can be found in the FAQ section of this site, see link at bottom of the page!

Lukas a.k.a Swissie
    Lukas a.k.a. Swissie

You know I thought Buzz Benz did a pretty decent set back in the early days... A lot better than the default anyway......
    And I'm pretty sure Blake Harris did some upgrades to those.....

Chuck Schneider
    (Virtual) CEO
    North American (Virtual) Locomotive Works
    [Link Expired]
    Chuck Schneider
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer (Virtual CEO)
    North American (Virtual) Locomotive Works

>Marc Nelson once upon a time indicated that Hi-Levels might
    >be part of a theoretical El Capitan release, but I'm
    >not sure if he's holding to that, or if he's shelved it. Me,
    >I hope he's got the El Capitan waiting in the wings,
    >'cause that's the one Santa Fe passenger train (with proper
    >consist) that I truly want.

Still on the boards, but has taken a back seat to other priorities.

Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains
    http://www.3dtrains.com

[link:www.3dtrains.com/products/index.shtml|http://www.3dtrains.com/images/pro_funit_atsfmain.jpg]

Pro Series SuperPacks
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about Buzz's work; I tend to forget that 'cause I prefer the Heritage fleet, and it appears that he's even gone and done some of that as well. Between his stuff, Bill Hemb's work, the slcoachs cars, and your huge post on NEC operations, I ought to be able to put together some pretty varied consists of Amtrak stuff from 1971 to 2003, eh.

Thanks again for making Amtrak engines and coaches. :D