Thread: cabview with IC sd40-2s

Default cabview with IC sd40-2s

I downloaded the orange/white ic sd40-2s and installed the night cabview from the bnsf sd40-2 #8010......at first the air guage and speedometer needles were above their respective dials ....after renaming the sd40.cvf file s i got the needles in the correct place..but then a dark gray pane of glass showed up obscuring part of the forward view.(im thinking its another layer of dirty glass from the old cabview..the old cabview windows are on a different angle or plane)..any suggestions...do i need a replacement glass file..if so where do i get it...thanks for any help...bob zucco

Default RE: cabview with IC sd40-2s

Sounds like an alpha channel issue.

The "old glass" from the existing cab is gone. Your new cab should be pointing to different files.

Nothing "old" should still be there unless you want it to be. The .cvf file simply points at .ace files to complete the cab you see on screen. The cab graphics are simply overlays on the exterior track/scenery graphics.

The "old" cab doesn't really "exist" if that makes any sense.

ok...i understand...i guess one needs to figure out what old file im still pointing to...the dials and needles are ok but it looks like someone is holding a 4 x 8 sheet of dirty lucite out in front of the loco...it cuts diagonally across the cab window directly in front of the engineer and is in front of the two front windows..does not affect either side window..rsz

adamb Guest

Try moving the forward view position in the .cvf file forward. Scott has put some extra parts on and this includes "Glass" on the windows. The extra parts show up in the cabview, sometimes covering some things up.Hope that helps :)

Adam

tchouftchouf Guest

This is because you use my modified cab view on the 8010.
    The dark glass is to feature the shadow on the gauge and needles, on the 8010 and others SD40-2 I reskin, this is on the right place. Try to use the original...
    JLC

ok thanks .....adam what do i do to try your suggestion....and jlc what do u mean by use the original..original what? thanks rsz

well, the glass I put in is only visible from the outside, so if your camera position is within the cab, then that shouldn't show. I'm also not sure what JLC's getting at (particularly since I don't have that cab), but it sounds like you may have one too many cab backgrounds going there, or you've edited the .ace files and acccidentally thrown out the alpha channel.
    Scott Miller

adamb Guest

>well, the glass I put in is only visible from the outside,
    >so if your camera position is within the cab, then that
    >shouldn't show.

I had trouble with it on my CSX SD40-2 reskins, some trees would show and some wouldnt, then i moved the cab pos. forward and it fixed it....