Thread: Empire Builder Activity by Sam Keys

Default Empire Builder Activity by Sam Keys

Gentlemen,
    I have recently downloaded Marias Pass 3.1 together with a number of activities which all appear to work properly, with the exception of the above and I would very much welcome your advice.
    During the loading of this activity I get the warning "failed to install car<200663> Rigid Body, after pressing OK the system locks and I get the message that MSTS need to close.
    I've tried re-loading all items of stock and also the activity but to no avail.
    In anticipation
    Many thanks
    peterjay

kevarc Guest

Default RE: Empire Builder Activity by Sam Keys

Usually when you get that error message, it means that the car is trying to load off the track. In othere words, to many cars for a siding.

Thank you for your reply. I'll try removing a car (1 at a time) from the consist and try it out.
    There is much more to this than just "playing trains" !
    kind regards
    peterjay

Afraid that didn't solve anything so I scrapped it all, route included. Seemed the best thing to do.
    Thanks anyway
    peterjay

I wouldn't scrap the route as MP 3.1 is a very good route. The activity in question has caused a lot of problems. I gave up on the activity and just deleted it.
    Moving America one virtual train at a time.

I downloaded that activity too, and discovered something really strange - when you view the contents of the zip in the file library, there are (i think) six-seven consists listed. However, after downloading the zip and going thru the unzipped files, there were only three...
    Anyone else noticed this?

>I downloaded that activity too, and discovered something
    >really strange - when you view the contents of the zip in
    >the file library, there are (i think) six-seven consists
    >listed. However, after downloading the zip and going thru
    >the unzipped files, there were only three...
    >Anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, I downloaded it the same. There's a previous post (just type Empire in the Forum Search and you'll find an .apk file). With the cars, I downloaded this and found the same. It's because all the cars ain't on the siding. I think from memory try moving the cars at Essex Pit, Coram and Conkelley Mill Sidings up the track until all cars are clear.

Does anyone know what the actual scheule of this activity is?

>Yeah, I downloaded it the same. There's a previous post
    >(just type Empire in the Forum Search and you'll find an
    >.apk file)

Can anyone post a link to this supposed post if it actually exists? Totally unable to find it in the Forum search