Thread: File libary help

bnsfman2314 Guest

Default File libary help

When ever i try to go into the libary it says all nodes busy. I am useing aol, I must have tryed to log on every hour today and I could not i dont think its becuase nods are busy. I am useing a 56k modem

Default RE: File libary help

It's because nodes are busy. You've just got to keep trying over and over. It won't matter whether you're on AOL, using a modem, or on a broadband connection - the only way to ensure that you'll get in quickly is to pay the $30/year.

Andy

The File Library is used by millions of people. To keep the file library free there can only be a certain number of people in the library at a time. I would say get the first class membership for $30 its well worth the money.

A helpful hint I got when I first arrived here was this:

Hit the F5 key. It is not a secret trick, but does make re-trying a bit less tedious.

I also recommend spending an hour or so reading these boards while you are waiting. You can get a LOT of useful info here, if you don't mind reading.

Peace,

MFOS

Ps. Another good tip is to not leave and let your download just "do it's thing". (Especially since you are not on broadband). When you return you will find that you have been logged off for inactivity.

Downloading is not an activity. You must be actively doing something; looking for things, reading the readme files, etc. I think the log out time is about every 10 minutes or so.

You may also want to try at odd hours. That works for me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Blackbird singing in the dead of night.
    Take these broken wings and learn to fly
    All your life.
    You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

Blackbird, fly.
    Blackbird, fly into the light of a dark, black night.

John Lennon and Paul McCartney, [White Album] (1968)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When I 1st got hooked,I was a"freebie" for about a month,but once I downloaded the great stuff in here I was hooked.(Sounds like you are hooked as well)...So many people are trying to download that during peak hours,a "freebie" will almost never get in.I strongly urge you to pop for the $30 because you will NEVER be blocked from entry.Remember,this is NOT a commercial site and the folks who allow us to use it do it basically as a courtesy,and electricity costs money..
    Don't buy beer and pretzels for 2 weeks and you can pay your ANNUAL share...I have already downloaded several EXCELLENT routes,(2 being woth a hundred bucks each to me for sentimental reasons)(here read Monon and Conrail/Indy),and I have also downloaded hundreds of cars,engines and entire "trainsets",(almost any of which can worth the $30 themselves..)
    Download "City of New Orleans" and go to the end car for the music!
    Several of the business cars are coming out with their own "theme music" these days....:7
    Steam-Diesel transition period, "Up and down the Monon".......

>Hit the F5 key. It is not a secret trick, but does make
    >re-trying a bit less tedious.

That would be F5 then Enter if you are using IE... ;)