Thread: MSTS-1.2 Rolling Stock

Default MSTS-1.2 Rolling Stock

Making sure that I got the SD40-2 Loco and other MSTS-1.2 rolling stock Jim Ward (SNIPER) intends to use with the PON-9, I checked it out and this is what I saw, cars flying and the caboose sinking into the rails:

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

If stuff like this would have been sold with MSTS-2 I would not have been very happy at all !

Who made them ? Does not say much about Quality Control at Microsoft !

O t t o

USRailFan Guest

Default RE: MSTS-1.2 Rolling Stock

The gondolas are supposed to be the US2BNSFCAR which was included with the original TS, however I see you have the replacement ARR gondola (not very realistic in a BNSF train, but oh well..) by Teemu Saukkonen. The Caboose was part of the 1.2 update, and made by TrainArtisan (and seems to be off scale, looks a bit too small compared to other stock, but maybe that's just me)

railfan4ever Guest

I've never noticed that problem with TA's Caboose.

USRailFan Guest

Guess I'm just imagining things then, but it seems to me that the caboose is slightly too small, if coupled to the SD40-2 by TA, which has a prototypical coupler height, it seems the couplers on the caboose are set too low

Slipped up when I made this Consist in hurry ! Was meant to be the MSTS-1.2 SD40-2 set.

This is what is looks like, the freight waggons wheels also sinking into the rails. You are right, the Caboose is smaller, not helped by it's wheels running below the rail tops.

B.t.w. the SD40-2 rides the rails perfectly, albeit without wheel flanges. ;-)

O t t o

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]