Thread: ConBuilder problem

Default ConBuilder problem

I have been installing a lot of new locos and rolling stock lately and I've run into a bit of a problem. I start out by unzipping everything to a test directory where I check all the stock with ConBuilder (v 1.7.6), fix all the errors, and then change all of the wag file sounds to my 3DPM sound package (takes a lot of time but it is worth it). Then I check them out again after I'm done with my edits to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Last time I did this, I forgot to check them before I moved them to my TrainSim folder. So I fired up ConBuilder and changed the directory. When I went to check the wag files, it was telling me I only have 418, when a search of the TrainSim folder turns up 2200+. A few quick notes:

1. I have TrainStore, but everything is "unstored"
    2. I have tried hitting the filter to show all wags, but it didn't change anything

Have I hit some type of limit in ConBuilder where it is now royally confused? Before I added this last batch of 180 cars, it worked fine and showed all 2100+ wags. Any advise/expertise/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, what happened to all of the ConBuilder files in the File Library? They seem to be missing.

Thanks again!

Shawn

Default RE: ConBuilder problem

There is an error in a file ( probably a "bracket" error ). This is throwing ConBuilder off. Search the forum on ConBuilder and you should find some posts on this type of error. ConBuilder is about to have a new version, and the old ones apparently have been removed.

Here is one thread:
    [Link Expired]

HTH.
    Joe Morris, OVSRails Vice President
    OVSRails Engineer #2
    OVSRails
    OVSRails Forums

Thanks for the tips Joe. Incidentally, I have the ballast hopper packs, so I have a suspicion that is what is causing the problem. If not, now I know what else to look for. Thanks again!

Shawn

I had Nels remove them in prep for V2. Still working on a couple of small things and the help file is way out of date now.

However the older versions are available at:

http://www.3dtrains.com
    and
    http://www.mstrainstop.com/
    and
    http://www.geocities.com/conbuilder
    and
    http://downloads.webdottrainsim.com/index5.htm

just to name a couple

Hi Joe,

I have not come accross the brace errors affecting ConBuilder before.

EngMod can find the brace errors.

Cheers
    Derek

Here is another thought on speeding up your process on 3DPM sounds.

Make a safe copy of your default MSTS sounds.

Take selected 3DPM sms files and rename as the MSTS defaults.

John

I got new files (1.7.3 full and 1.7.5 update) from mrtrainstop, uninstalled and reinstalled CB and tried it out. Still only 418 wags. Downloaded and installed the fix for the IC ballast hopper from another similar thread, and then it jumped up to 2175 (a search in Explorer showed up with 2178 wags), so I'm pretty close to having it fixed.

I ran a bracket check with EngMod and it came up with 100+ files that have bracket errors (good greif!), so I guess I now have something else to work on....

I don't know about you guys, but I like my MSTS to be error free. The less reason I give it to balk, the less likely it is to crash. Only thing is it is kind of a pain being that my install is up to 30GB now with all the add-ons.

I did learn that I have one more check to run before moving new rolling stock to my MSTS folder now.

Thanks for all the help.

Shawn

While that would greatly speed the process, you would get some unpredictable results, even with using the sms's with the random sounds. I prefer to take the more realistic, albeit longer, approach of changing the sound definition in each wag file.

Shawn