Thread: Trouble with spanned Durango/Silvertan download extract

Default Trouble with spanned Durango/Silvertan download extract

Hi all,
    My wife and I rode the Silverton narrow guage last weekend out of Durango CO and we really enjoyed it!( I even liked the cinders in my eyes!)
    This is my first post although I have train-simmed since the game was first released.
    To get to the nitty gritty I have spent HOURS and every possible thing I can think of to extract and load the Durango route in my route folder and am only getting a partial file extraction at best! I have read the spanned file thread and followed step by step to no avail! I have downloaded the SILV10_1 file six times thinking somehow the file was corrupted in someway which is the error message I get every time!( I,m on dial up and I,m talking TWO HOURS per download!)
    I am useing Leechget and Getright to download and Ziprar and Route-righter to extract!I am so disappointed and frustraited at this point and out of ideas!
    I also noticed a large number of routes are useing these spanned files so I have to get over this problem!
    Any help would make my day!!!
    Thank you ,
    RickB

Default RE: Trouble with spanned Durango/Silvertan download ext

Rick,

When you say that you're "only getting a partial file extraction at best", does it get as far as to produce an "Installme.bat" in the \Silverton folder? If so, you might try running that first.

I'm not familiar at all with the capabilities of Ziprar; too much Italian on the website for me. :) You might download trial versions of WinZip or WinRar. These seem to work for most folks...

Let us know how you make out.

regards,
    charlie

EDIT: The route comes packaged as
    silv10_1.zip
    silv10_2.zip
    silv10_3.zip
    silv10_4.zip (last file)

Unzip these into a temp location first so that you have the following, then unzip
    Silver10.zip
    Silver10.z01
    Silver10.z02
    Silver10.z03 (last file)

Hi Charlie,
    I feel like such a bozo! I finally got it to work! What I was doing was trying to extract all four files at once instead of extracting files;
    Silver10.z01
    Silver10.z02
    Silver10.z03 and placing the unzipped files in a temp. file with the Silver10.zip file AND THEN running extraction!DUH!LOL
    Thanks again and I meant to say WINRAR instead of that Italian conglomeration I managed to come up with!!!( I told you I was frustraited!)Go figure!
    Thanks again Charlie,
    RickB
    PS. If you get a chance, RIDE THE SILVERTON!!!

Great, hope you like it! Wish I had been there...

regards,
    charlie