Thread: Making A Track Texture

Default Making A Track Texture

What type of picture angle of the track do I need to make to create a track texture? Also what else would I have to do to make one. I have some pictures of the track but I dont think it is good enough to use as a track texture.

Default RE: Making A Track Texture

bump

Ah I see. Im gonna have to give it a try

One thing is it depends on what image editing program you have, some are better than others for cutting out the rail and stretching to fit. If you'r going to do photopaste, best is to get on a bridge over the tracks and point the camera straight down. Use TGAtoll2 to open any acleantrack1.ace, send main image to editor, then open the photo with the same editor, resiize to fit, and paste into tgatool2.bmp. After editing, save tgatool2.bmp, switch back to TGAtool2, click on reload after edit, then export as ace with alpha, uncompressed. Then use Scott Miller's Remipit program to fix the mipmapping that Makace screws up so you don't get tinting in the distance.

[Link Expired]

SSW,

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question…, I hope this is what you were looking for. Or does your ‘bump’ mean that you are no longer interested?

Here are a few pics (of several) that I used in creating my track texture. As you can see the angle is pretty much straight on (from above). I would liked to have had something to stand on so that I could get an entire tie in the frame, but there was nothing available. I couldn’t get the camera any higher than my physical attributes would allow. So I took the pics in sections. Having previously played around with some of the default stuff, I knew that I’d be editing quite a bit in the photo suite.

The basis for the texture was “acleantrack1” and “acleantrack2”. Basically, I just repainted the default texture. Moving and pasting my images till everything aligned. Applied a bit more rust on Acleantrack2. Made a ‘delicate’ alpha channel, so that just the slightest amount of grass shows through between the roadbeds (this pic is pre-alpha channel). That was pretty much it.

Have a sparkling day.

Bob
    Have a sparkling day,
    Bob

[SIGPIC]https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic56455_1.gif/[SIGPIC]