Thread: Corrupted Setup.exe file

Default Corrupted Setup.exe file

Hi

I bought train sim when it first came out but haven't played it in a while. Yesterday I tried to install it but when I ran the setup file it came up with a message saying SETUP.EXE contains errors. Is it possible to obtain a copy of this file. Maybe someone could email it to me?? I have managed to copy all the other files onto my harddrive.
    I have reforatted my drive since Ifirst installed it.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Default RE: Corrupted Setup.exe file

I can put a copy on my website if you like?

Cheers
    Derek

Derek look at this again!

This is some troll wanting a FREE copy of train-sim....

HEY Dude let me put it on my website for ya....
    (Quitely compiles format c: /Q /U into an EXE for him)

Chuck Schneider
    Chief Cook, Bottle Washer and (Virtual) CEO
    [Link Expired]
    Chuck Schneider
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer (Virtual CEO)
    North American (Virtual) Locomotive Works

He hasn't come back yet. :-)

The setup.exe is only 3.8Mb so would not contain much of MSTS.

Cheers
    Derek

Derek,

Are you serious????

5. Copyright. All title and copyrights in and to the Software Product (including but not limited to any images, photographs, trademarks, logos, train designs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and “applets” incorporated into the Software Product), any accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the Software Product are owned by Microsoft or its suppliers. The Software Product is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the Software Product like any other copyrighted material.

Bill

Thanks Guys

I'm not after a free copy as I aready own the original discs but one 3meg file is corrupted. I realise that this isn't the correct way to sort out the problem but it was worth the try. It appears the some people such as chucksc only see bad in people

I won't bother you guys again

Hi Bill,

I don't see a problem with giving him the setup file.
    If he sends around emails asking everyone for a different file, I would get worried.

Cheers
    Derek

Hi Neil, first, did you try to clean your disk, could be a smudge or a scratch on that part of it where the setup.exe is, or did you try to use a program that can fix corrupted files. Just search the internet for one. There are many.

Chuck, I agree with Neil, you always seem to see the worst in people. Instead of trying to help, you assume that he is doing something wrong here when he may well have a corrupted file. Besides I agree with Derek, how is one file out of a hundred or more going to give him the complete program.

Bill, I agree with you, it is a violation of copyright laws but I doubt very seriously that Microsoft is going to go after Derek for offering a single file out of hundreds to someone who says he has a corrupted file.

And finally Derek, you should have use the PM to answer Neils plea, that way this wouldn't have gotten out of hand as it has. But I applaud your efforts to help here.

Gentlemen, we cannot assume here. And one file does not make an entire game work. Neil, I would check the disk for dirt, smudges, scratches and try to fix them or I would see if you can find a program that will try to fix a corrupt file. There are some out there.

Derek, use the PM or email next time, my friend. That's what they are there for and why it should be used in a case like this.

COPYRIGHT applied to MSTS.

I have never understood how every Add-On Creator, FREEWARE or not, can use MSTS Default content for their Routes and re-skin MSTS Rolling Stock like the US2 range of freight waggons without saying that the have permission from Microsoft for doing so ?

And in the case of PAYWARE are they paying Microsoft Royalties ?

O t t o