Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggested Routes for NS

Default Suggested Routes for NS

Does anyone have suggestions for well-done routes that would accommodate MLT's NS pack?

[Link Expired]

Default RE: Suggested Routes for NS

East River District - NS Virginia Division
    Hamilton Norfolk - Freelanced... but it reminds me alot of the NS Piedmont Division, Danville District.

The Conrail Indy Route is a good one also.

Yeah the Conrail Indy Route is where I run all my NS trains
    CSX-On the MM
    NS- On the CR Indy
    On a little side note this is not a formal announcement but Im thinking about tackling or atleast attempting a route from Norfolk, VA - Crewe VA. The route would consist of a nice size mainline in order to let the horsies loose & plenty of switching to do inside the Norfolk terminal area.
    This will not be my first attempt, i have also tried to do the CSX Portsmouth Sub but a hard drive crash knocked that project down, but I was very satisfied with the way it was progressing.

Like I said its not official yet,just wanted to throw the idea out &c what the rest of the TS community thinks, also kinda wanna make sure that none of the pro's have the same route design going on...MLT. But when the time is right I'll be willing to give it a shot.

The D&H is now ran by Northfolk Southern, but CP runs over it...

>The D&H is now ran by Northfolk Southern, but CP runs over
    >it...

So it would be quite appropriate to run them on the Bridge Line?
    What kind of traffic would this likely to be; intermodal?

Thanks.

CP owns the D&H, NS has haulage rights, there are 8 to 14 trains a day IIRC, half of them have NS power (only the Bow, NH coal trains are NS trains, the others are CP trains that have NS power).

Vince Cockeram's masterpiece NECv4, available in the file library, covers the Northeast Corridor USA between Philadelphia and Washington D.C. Includes Amtrak route and parallel/cris-crossing CSX route, plus portions of Maryland Light Rail and Washington Metro. The Norfolk Southern Edgemoor yard near Wilmington DE is included. Tons of industry along both main routes.

Best to have a fairly powerful computer to run this route, as it is highly detailed in urban areas.

Good luck.

Al
    On the NEC.

Don't forget Austin Yoder's EXCELLENT East River District from Bluefield,WV to Walton, VA. His upcoming Pokey Route (N&W's Pocahontas Division from Williamson to Bluefield, WV) should be on the best routes going (based on his efforts on the beta version). It'll be the prefect place for all of those "13-D Black Bricks" to roam.

On a related point: anyone know of anyone planning activities for the NS pack on any of these routes?

I'd be much more likely to get the set if I knew I could start driving them right away in something other than explore mode.

Rob.