Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diesel, Electric or Steam Power/Locos? And tell us why. Aesthetics, nostalgia, memories, power?

Default RE: Poll crap

I say diesels. Why? cus it's cool to have the whine of the turbo, the diesel fumes in you hair, the smell on you when you go home...

:D

Default Diesels!!!!

Diesels cuz electrics arn't loud enough and steam is way to old school!!! Plus I have never figured out how to drive those damned hot water makers anyhow. Guess I am just a yungin' as far as you guys are concered...

Default why

Steam.... Simply because diesel is so damned boring to look at and simple to operate

Default My votes for steam!

I hardly ever post but I had to jump in on this one! I guess you can tell by my username my preference!LOL
    But, if you ever get a chance to ride on the Silverton out of Durango like I did in July you will know why!!!
    Take care!
    RickB
    P.S. Watch those CINDERS!!!

Default RE: Poll crap

>Here we go again. Waste of valueble space.
    >Johan.

Keep your thoughts to yourself then Jonathan.....
    Brian Bundridge
    TrainSim.com Moderator

Default RE: My votes for steam!

Nothing like hearing or seeing a pair of C44-9W's notching up on a heavy train with black smoke pouring out and the FDL-16 absolutly screaming to the heavens :D

I do also enjoy the odd EMD too! ;)

>Mike Forster<
    Perth, Western Australia

[email protected]
    [Link Expired]

http://www.trainweb.org/aussiepix

No options listed for me. Steam, diesel, electrics, trollies, big ones, small ones, articulated, single .. just give me a good one on a good route and nothing else much matters ;-) Some of us are very hard to please :9

RobertR .. ADF-M&RM at http://www.adfrr.com

Robert R

Robert, while I have you here... :-)

I have an OT question (OT to this thread), regarding ADFRR V3. I LOVE your route... it's absolutely fantastic, but is it supposed to take that long to load? When I have ADFRR active, it easily takes me three times longer than usual to get to the main menu screen from startup. Is it because it is a really big route? Or is there something wrong with my install of it?

Jorge,

I'm not robert here but somthing that could help would be Train Store if you don't have it. :D

Default Diesel

Diesels for me, never saw steam or electrics. When I was a kid I'd go to work with my Dad sometimes and the diesels would shake the yard office when they went by, the big machines still float my boat. :)