Thread: Setting up a Graphics Card for the MSTS Simulator.

Default Setting up a Graphics Card for the MSTS Simulator.

I was asked by one of the third party software vendors if I had turned down the settings on my Geforce 6600 graphics card with the hopes that my simulator would start running again without locking up my computer. I do not know how to do that.

Does anybody know what the procedure would be inorder to accomplish that task?

What would be the functions on the Graphics Card that I should be scaling back inorder to see if the card is just to advanced or hot for the MSTS?

I hope somebody out there has had success in this area and is willing to share some help.

Thanks,

Richard

Default RE: Setting up a Graphics Card for the MSTS Simulator.

Richard,

Last year I bought a gf 5950Ultra (which has served me faithfully)...with it came a nvidia utility that I have used occasionally to monitor and change such items as AGP settings, direct 3d settings, antialias, anisotropic settings, and refresh rate of the moniter etc etc....you'd have to get into your card and setup to see for yourself....most current cards have many settings that can be modified with due caution. Again my utility came with my card. I guess I'd first ask which vendor or brand of card you are using?

Default RE: Setting up a Graphics Card for the MSTS Simulator.

I would see if you can run an older driver with this card, as MSTS seems to fall apart with newer drivers (the newest I can run is 61.41, but others have problems with some 40 series drivers (this may be on older cards?).
    Bob