Thread: TS Doesn't work when it's snowing

Default TS Doesn't work when it's snowing

Hi,

Whenever I am running an activity that has snow falling, my computer gives me that "send error report" message. My computer is a new Dell and is top of the line with XP. My old computer, which I still have, handling the snow in activies great. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Default RE: TS Doesn't work when it's snowing

I would suggest downloading "Route Control" and "Route Riter" from the f/l. Two great utilities that check for problems like you are describing.

Hi Andrew !

I presume that you installed MSTS on your new computer and then updated it with what you had on your old machine, in particular the contents of the MSTS Root folder containing the Train- and Launcher.exe ?

If that was the case and all worked as it should on your old machine then Route Riter is not going to be of much help.

First of all try running the MSTS Troubleshooter's Change Video Driver.

"Precipitation" ticked in the MSTS OPTIONS and all display sliders maxed ?

If that does not let MSTS snow then it is most likely an issue with your Graphics card and it's driver. What are their specs and what screen resolutions in the MSTS Display Options and on your Desktop ? If not 1024x768x32 then try that.

O t t o

Try using the Trainsim Troubleshooter (one of the options with launcher.exe that also has the video profiler). There is a specific troubleshooting option "Snow causes game to crash or does not display."

PaulS

Nice! I got the activities to work! Thanks for the help guys :)