Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POTASH ROUTE

lunionpacific2 Guest

Default POTASH ROUTE

Hi all,

Route Riter indicates that D&RGW_1.ace is missing; the ace file is at the folder with a wrong name....load....just rename it as D&RGW_1 and the Route runs.

Lucio Moreira

Default RE: POTASH ROUTE

In INSTALLME.BAT, last line is :
    call copy "..\..\template\template.ace" ".\D&RGW_1.ace" /y

So, means that you do not have TEMPLATE.ACE in your TEMPLATE folder, or that it is at the wrong place..
    Pierre wishes you Love + Peace !
    Please visit also www.the-train.de

Born and raised in Brooklyn N.Y., now live in Hamilton Township, N.J., USA.

>In INSTALLME.BAT, last line is :
    >call copy "..\..\template\template.ace" ".\D&RGW_1.ace" /y
    >
    >So, means that you do not have TEMPLATE.ACE in your TEMPLATE
    >folder, or that it is at the wrong place..
    >
    OldieDaddy, Not true! I have the train sim directory on my D drive in Win 2K. When I checked it in Route Riter, it came up with a list of missing files, which I allowed to be copied to the respective directories. I found that it locked up anyway, till I tried Lucio's suggestion (Thank you, Lucio!). It was luck that I tried it with the template route and it worked, since I hadn't thought to view the Installme.bat file. Just thought you should know as I am sure there are others who may have the same or similar problems.

Thanks for all of your helpful tips!

GG1-2332

The site wouldn't allow me to include the dash in my screen name.

Also, for everyone it applies to, I am not able to double click on the bat files to work. I have to right click on it and select open to run it properly. Does anyone else have the same problem? Thanks!

GG1-2332

I, unlike many here, do not run a route through RouteRiter the very second after it is installed. I have no desire to look for trouble. I installed the route, ran the installme.bat file, started MSTS and ran the route. It worked flawlessly.

I did do a few changes, though. I got rid of that default looking track (thanks, Otto) and I switched out that ugly default stock for something from Diesels West.

The route is outstanding. Cheers to René Rump.

Bill

>I, unlike many here, do not run a route through RouteRiter
    >the very second after it is installed. I have no desire to
    >look for trouble. I installed the route, ran the installme.bat
    >file, started MSTS and ran the route. It worked flawlessly.

>The route is outstanding. Cheers to René Rump.
    >
    >Bill

Same here.

lunionpacific2 Guest

Bill
    Your assumption in this case is wrong.
    I did not run the Route through Route Riter the very second it was intalled to look for trouble.
    I installed the Route and it did not Run. Because of that it was tested trhough Route Riter that indicated the D&RGW_1.ace file missing.
    I renamed the load.ace as D&RGW.ace and it worked.
    Help was the intention, the unique intention. Not to criticize the Route or Rene that I like . Many times in this forum we had people asking for help with Routes that one installed without problems and others not.
    Sometimes a corrupted file or missing file is identified.

For me, this subject is closed. If I was misunderstood I say to Rene Excuse me or Excusez-moi.
    Lucio Moreira
    Brazil

note a previous reply was lost after being sent.

Lucio,

If you look at my original post, I said "many." I did single you out. It's just that so many people download routes, install them, then run RouteRiter on them. These utilities are great, but they are not infallible. I have one well-known payware utility that constantly reports missing files because, like an old throwback to DOS, the program cannot see spaces. If a filename has a space anywhere in it, the program says it does not exist.

I believe all the errors encountered in the route were due to overloaded servers at Train-sim this morning and early this afternoon. Many people got bad downloads in the shark feeding frenzy that occurs, whenever a new route becomes available. I have a friend who cannot run either of the two activities, but can run just fine in Explore mode and RouteRiter says his route has "No errors."

My intent here was to try to stem the rush to run RouteRiter on everthing that dosen't move, just for the sake of running RouteRiter.

Cheers,

Bill

USRailFan Guest

>I did do a few changes, though. I got rid of that default
    >looking track (thanks, Otto) and I switched out that ugly
    >default stock for something from Diesels West.

Sorry, but you made too few. In order to make the route realistic, the signals will also have to be removed (it says black on white in the TrainMaster manual, that the branch is UNSIGNALLED. Weird that such a blatant oversight could have been made when René Rump claimed he used the Trainmaster version as his basis...

I have downloaded this route successfully. Very beautiful mountains. I also noticed two interesting features in this route. A airplane landing at a air strip and two hang gliders flying over a lake. I also noticed a small airplane land at a air stip in the ATSF Seligman freeware route. Very well done! My, how far Train Simulation has come. Perhaps we can see more airplanes landing in feature routes, perhaps the big jets!

It has been years since I ran that route in TrainMaster(tm), but my recollection of that route is that it had some rudimentary signals.

Admitting that I might have a slight bias regarding signals whether the prototype has them or not, perhaps the authors wanted them in the route to run activates with traffic. You can't create TO's and track warrant scenarios in MSTS without having signals in some form somewhere.

I have experimented with T.O. signals that seems to work, but you still have to bend the prototype reality to some extent. It's a combo of invisible signals at passing siding junctions and visible repeater signals at the block station. The system will hold AI traffic in the passing siding until the player train clears the single track.

Regards,
    Hank