Thread: NS-Harrisburg route- need help

Default NS-Harrisburg route- need help

Hi to all,

i have just downloaded the latest route, the NS Harrisburg. I have unzipped the folder to the routes folder. When opening the AE to create an activity, I receive the following message.

Can someone can tell what I have forgotten to do in order to use the route.

Thanks

Denis Gionet

Default RE: NS-Harrisburg route- need help

Do you have Xtracks installed? I believe that might be the problem.

Eaglefan

I second that. If you don't have XTracks installed, you can't even open the route in the AE. Also, after looking through the route files, it looks like New Roads is also being used. If you don't have either installed, do so. Use the version that has the auto installer for "people that do not build routes". Install New Roads first, than XTracks, that way you have the latest Tsection file, which is included with both, but the one used with New Roads is older.

There is no batch file to run, just unzip and go. Only one starting point, which is at the far east end of the route in Harrisburg. Looks look so far.

I also got the NS-Harrisburg route and it is missing the consist files for the activity that came with it. Does anybody have the consist files for the activity that came with the route?

Scott

Hi to all,

Quite true, Xtracks and also Newroads were required to run it. Everything's OK

thanks

Denis

So, it does require X Tracks and New Roads? My only question here is "What happened to a readme?"
    Thomas J Pearce

Broadway Limited Locomotive Works
    Come see our Railworks rolling stock

Hi Scott,
    You could try a trick I sometimes use... Try opening the Activity Editor and if it gives you any error messages about "Cannot locate consist file." If it does, write down the exact file name of the missing files, then go into the Train Simulator/Trains/Consists folder and make plenty of copies of a small consist, like a single loco. Then, rename the copies with the exact name of the missing .con files and the Activity Editor should open normally, with a bunch of the same consist scattered about the route in place of all the original consists.

From there, you can sub in whatever equipment you want in the activity. Of course, finding the proper .con files would save you the work, but if all else fails, fool the computer into thinking that you have the files. It works for me.
    Have a great day, everybody,

Steven Goehring
    Teen Assoc. of Model Railroaders: www.tamr.org

Also, Train-Store will give you a listing of any missing consists, services, traffic, etc. This is where all the utilities can work together to solve a problem.

RobertR
    ADF-M&RM at http://www.adfrr.com
    Cascade & North Western at http://www.vcnwrr.com/

Quite a few routes / add-ons lately have been without a "read me". I wish people would take a bit more time to make sure to include this with uploads.