Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost PSL

Default RE: Lost PSL

If true, I can certainly sympathize. But with all the copyright issues at stake, including those of 3rd-party contributors, I doubt if you will get any open help here, unless you get a PM.

Lacking disks, the first thing you ought to have done was back up the whole thing on a CD or separate hard drive or partition.

There is stuff I wouldn't have today, as long ago as TrainArtisan's ESE Hudson, if I didn't have backups.

EDIT: It sounded like a nice try, but consider:

a. You registered here May 12, 2006

b. You said "Help, my computer crashed and I lost all my Surfliner files (did your dog eat your homework or your completed copy of the take-home exam too?)

c. You implied "Someone take pity and send me a complete version free!"

d. Well, maybe someone will

PaulS

But Paul, he did say he can prove he purchased it. I did recieve an email recipt of my transaction, so if he bought it, he should have a similar email.

Let him contact Facing Point for the replacement. If he has the receipt he is still owed the CD from them and them only. Short of that hard way to learn the value of backups, hopefully a lesson that won't be forgotten.

"Let him contact Facing Point for the replacement."

I guess you haven't been keeping up on Facing Point. They're history, after ripping several people off to the tune of thousands of dollars.
    Hawk

"We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress." -Will Rogers

>"Let him contact Facing Point for the replacement."
    >
    >I guess you haven't been keeping up on Facing Point. They're
    >history, after ripping several people off to the tune of
    >thousands of dollars.

I do know that, which doesn't change my point. The only people who can help him now is Facing Point, since they are toast so are his chances. Anyone else sending him the files would be engaged in an act of piracy since the applications license for distribution has since been revoked.

A hard lesson but hopefully learned about the need for keeping proper backups of software and data.

Can someone please explain to me what is wrong if both parties paid for the route lets say, but yet if one loses it, he cant get it from the 2nd party legally? They both paid for it, so the Company A isnt losing any money. They both have paid for the product, and if the first party cant enjoy it, that seems unfair. Can someone clarify who is getting the shaft, persay, from this? It just doesnt make any sense and seems really unfair.

Own3d!
    Cheers,
    Sebastian

Default Deleted message

No message

Default Lost PSL

I am totally screwed!!
    My computer crashed and I have lost ALL of my PSL files from Facing Point! I mean everything, gone! Of course I never received my discs that I was supposed to get when I paid for the software. And, Like an idiot I never took the time to run a full back-up. Does anyone have a back-up they can send me? I can prove that I really did purchase the software, but like so many never received that hard copies of the downloads.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I think my next step is slitting my wrists.