Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW Central West Route

Default NSW Central West Route

It's not all that often I have problems with MSTS, and if I do get something amiss, I usually get it solved myself pretty quickly.

But this time round, I'm practically stumped over this latest problem that's cropped up. It relates to the Australian route in the Subject line.

I did, strangely enough, manage to get it working the very first time I tried it, and had no problems with it. Until I had to re-install MSTS, that is. Now, this route will not let me even start MSTS at all. It always causes the "Send/Don't Send" diialogue box to appear.

If I remove the route (cut and paste it to another location on the HDD) and try starting MSTS again, it works just fine. But if I put it back in the Routes folder, the problem appears again. I tried to create an activity for it, but even the Activity Editor crashed once I try to load the route, and I can't do anything further.

I've got the latest versions of New Roads and XTracks installed, so it can't be those causing the problem. There's no indication as to what's causing the problem here, so would anyone possibly have any suggestions as to what it might be ? Would appreciate a quick solution if at all possible, thanks. I have Windows XP Home and an ATI Radeon 9600 256 Mb video card, and a P4 with 1 Gig of ram, plus over 84 Gigs of free HDD space available. Cheers.

Regards...

Jim McDermott

Default RE: NSW Central West Route

Have you checked the route with Route-Riter? Maybe the route installation put some files into another folder, and they are no longer there?

>Have you checked the route with Route-Riter? Maybe the route
    >installation put some files into another folder, and they are
    >no longer there?

Haven't heard of something exactly like that situation, but RouteRiter is worth a try I guess. Will try it ASAP and see what eventuates. Cheers, mate.

EDIT: Seems that RouteRiter thinks nothing is wrong with the route for some reason, but I still can't seem to run MSTS with this route in the Routes folder. Any further suggestions, perhaps ?

Regards...

Jim McDermott

Jim,

If you still have the install exe. you could delete the route & reinstall. Also don't forget the installme.bat

BTW: Did you remember to re-install the MSTS updates?

Mike
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ke1/PELogo.gif
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../sylvester.gif
    This smile says it all

>Jim,
    >
    > If you still have the install exe. you could delete the
    >route & reinstall. Also don't forget the installme.bat
    >
    >BTW: Did you remember to re-install the MSTS updates?
    >
    >Mike

Hi Mike...

That's just it: I re-installed it again, and yet is still seems to cause MSTS to crash before it even gets 10% loaded. I'm no novice with MSTS really, but occasionally something still comes along to stump me. I certainly did that Installme.bat file after doing the install file itself.

However, there are two "Train update" files, with one about 7 megs in size, and the other, considerably smaller. I **think** one of them only, can be installed by itself (the larger one I think), without the other one needing to be installed, so can you confirm this for me please ? Or do both need to be installed ? Would this cause problems for MSTS if one wasn't installed... could this be the cause of my problems perhaps ? Probably not. Still having troubles unless I take the folder with the NSW Central West route, out and place it elsewhere. It's a darned nuisance I tell you. There HAS to be a reason for the problems, and it has to be found sooner or later. Cheers.

Regards...

Jim McDermott

Hi Jim,

If the route has any activities, move the activities, services and paths to another location and try opening the ae and create an activity.

Regards,

Eric

Hi Jim !

Thanks for mentioning this route, because it is great and will give me lots to do to customize it's tracks, enviroments, vegetation, etc ! ;-)

This ship's cranes are animated and am sure that there will be plenty more of similar in the route:

However there seemed to be a lot of rolling stock TRAINSET folders missing, causing problems:

XPLORER
    NHHF
    VEKX_VQFX
    AU_VTQF
    NSCF
    NODY

So I run the last 4 .exe files again, including the coal_rd_install_10.exe in the coalv2p0 folder, which seem to contain the rolling stock and this time the route loaded alright without further complaints, all previously missing TRAINSET folders now being present !

To run a route in EXPLORE ROUTE Mode, using what rolling stock you got installed, you need to MOVE the contents of the ACTIVITIES, SERVICES & TRAFFIC folders elsewhere, as well as any consists the route has installed into your CONSISTS folder.

If it is the only route in a MINI MSTS then an activity has to be created for it.

O t t o

Fabulous route this, having something for everybody, lots of bespoke rolling stock, sound effects, animations, 58 activities with 54 traffic files using 765 services !!! :7

coalv2p0 - 9 in the File Library. No Xtracks or Installme.bat required !

Now I got something new to play and mess with over the weekend, exploring this route and it's activities ! ;-)

O t t o

Hi Jim !

I am referring to the NSW Coal Route, the only NSW route I could find in the File Library !

Is this the one you are talking about ?

O t t o

plavack Guest

No Otto, that is not the one he is referring to, he is referring to the route found here: http://steam4me.railpage.org.au/trai...tes/CWest.html .