Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NSW Central West Route

Default RE: NSW Central West Route

Yuri (Steam4Me) e-mailed me to point out that newroads installs a 2004 version of the Tsection.dat-00027.

Have not been aware of this as all I ever download gets installed into a temporary folder or bare-bones MSTS Install copy first and I then COPY/PASTE what is required !

Found that the newrds shadows version does the same.

Would suggest that anybody downloading either installs them first and then the latest version of Xtracks.zip, which usually always installs the latest version of the Tsection.dat at the same time.

Perhaps Nels could take the Tsection.dat-00027 out of both of these Zips ?

O t t o

Otto,

It depends on where you download Newroads v3.2. Yuri's installer will not overwrite newer Tsection.dat files. Scroll down to the "Steam4me installers" section and read:

http://steam4me.railpage.org.au/trai.../newroads.html

regards,
    charlie

Otto,

It depends on where you download Newroads v3.2. Yuri's installer will not overwrite newer Tsection.dat files. Scroll down to the "Steam4me installers" section and read:

http://steam4me.railpage.org.au/trai.../newroads.html

regards,
    charlie

Yes, Charlie, Yuri told me about his download !

But most of those looking for newroads or newrds would first do so in this File Library, not being aware that his excellent web site also has it !

Take care, O t t o.

Yes, Charlie, Yuri told me about his download !

But most of those looking for newroads or newrds would first do so in this File Library, not being aware that his excellent web site also has it !

Take care, O t t o.

>Yes, Charlie, Yuri told me about his download !
    >
    >But most of those looking for newroads or newrds
    >would first do so in this File Library, not being aware that
    >his excellent web site also has it !
    >

Which brings to mind a problem I had a year or so ago, when trying to install a version of NewRoads that was on Yuri's site. The installer itself seemed to not want to run after being downloaded.

I then went to the TrainSim.Com site and downloaded it from there, and it installed just fine. This was probably before I ever began to contact Yuri about anything that wasn't behaving properly from his site, as I tend to do nowadays, so I didn't get in touch with him at that time, thinking, possibly, that someone else would have done so by then. Would anyone else recall having problems with any NewRoads file some time back, maybe ?

Anyway, all this banter back and forth, is getting really interesting and informative, to say the least ! Thanks to Yuri for telling us about the NewRoads installer not replacing the latest version of tsection.dat, if present in your MSTS installation. Handy and seems it saves you a lot of grief in some instances.

At least I'm very happy now with MSTS working, and the Central West route working as it should... I'm having fun with making another activity for it with 1960's steam and diesel AI trains, while driving a D50 class hauled wheat train from Orange to Dubbo via Molong. However, I just wish there was a wider variety of NSW passenger cars, including TAM sleeping cars and the like, and a few different varieties of guards' vans, available for us to download, unless I'm mistaken, perhaps ?

Regards...

Jim McDermott

>Yes, Charlie, Yuri told me about his download !
    >
    >But most of those looking for newroads or newrds
    >would first do so in this File Library, not being aware that
    >his excellent web site also has it !
    >

Which brings to mind a problem I had a year or so ago, when trying to install a version of NewRoads that was on Yuri's site. The installer itself seemed to not want to run after being downloaded.

I then went to the TrainSim.Com site and downloaded it from there, and it installed just fine. This was probably before I ever began to contact Yuri about anything that wasn't behaving properly from his site, as I tend to do nowadays, so I didn't get in touch with him at that time, thinking, possibly, that someone else would have done so by then. Would anyone else recall having problems with any NewRoads file some time back, maybe ?

Anyway, all this banter back and forth, is getting really interesting and informative, to say the least ! Thanks to Yuri for telling us about the NewRoads installer not replacing the latest version of tsection.dat, if present in your MSTS installation. Handy and seems it saves you a lot of grief in some instances.

At least I'm very happy now with MSTS working, and the Central West route working as it should... I'm having fun with making another activity for it with 1960's steam and diesel AI trains, while driving a D50 class hauled wheat train from Orange to Dubbo via Molong. However, I just wish there was a wider variety of NSW passenger cars, including TAM sleeping cars and the like, and a few different varieties of guards' vans, available for us to download, unless I'm mistaken, perhaps ?

Regards...

Jim McDermott

Extra cars are available here:

www.railpage.org.au/coalstonewcastle/

or for the really good (sorry Brian) versions:

http://team-alco.railpage.org.au/36class_pack.html

I have both models of the TAM but for Central West I go for the second, and at only AU$35 it isn't that expensive.

Hope this helps, I'm sure Yuri can teel you more.

Cheers
    Nathan

Extra cars are available here:

www.railpage.org.au/coalstonewcastle/

or for the really good (sorry Brian) versions:

http://team-alco.railpage.org.au/36class_pack.html

I have both models of the TAM but for Central West I go for the second, and at only AU$35 it isn't that expensive.

Hope this helps, I'm sure Yuri can teel you more.

Cheers
    Nathan