Thread: Is there an "Island of Sodor" route?

Default Is there an "Island of Sodor" route?

I downloaded some engines for MSTS from the Thomas the Tank Engine series, but have seen websites where people were working on a route, but no actual routes.

Does anyone know if one exists?

Also, is there a way to keep the trains separate, i.e., I want to run Thomas and Gordon, etc. on Sodor, but I would rather not run my F7's on sodor, or have Thomas available to explore East Metro.

Default RE: Is there an "Island of Sodor" route?

umm, well one doesn't exist. I know this is obvious, but the island was fictional, it was based of the actual Isle of Man. Thought I'd throw that out there. It would be kinda funny operating this route, it was one of my favorite books/movies/TV show as a kid, well a younger kid. I haven't found a way to keep the trains seperate. I had downloaded the Thomas one just as a joke, and ran it on the default Settle and Carlisle route. wow i feel 8 again talking about this...

There is an Isle of Man route on the UKtrainsim site. It's just track and terrain. No Scene objects.

My kids love Thomas and friends.

In addition to the above, I have heard that there are some serious copyright issues involved. The organsiation that now holds the copyright for the Thomas stuff comes down very hard on anyone who makes and distributes anything to do with Thomas and Sodor. There have been some long threads over at the UKTrainSim forums over the past couple of years about it. There is some material around, but it seems to come and go rather quickly.

hey everybody, good news. I, mattyshoes123, is going to create a brand new sodor route for you guys. after I am done, is therew any way i could upload my route to this site? thanks. wish me luck.

I'd be careful if I were you If you call it Thomas or Isle of Sodar you will soon be clobered for breach of copy write by the holders of the original Thomas the Tank Engine copy write or any thing to do with it.