Thread: TA American Classics Disk

maiatcat Guest

Default TA American Classics Disk

I am scratching my head. A number of years ago I bought the aforementioned CD with the NYC trains on it. For one reason or another (I don't remember why), I removed it from my system from with in the start menu and not within the removal part of the control panel. When I tried to reinstall the software this evening,. the legally bought disk refused to validate itself so that installation could proceed. What am i doing wrong? I think the issue is copy protection. Maia

Default RE: TA American Classics Disk

Now this is strange, because I too have a copy of that set, from Just Trains. This uses a cd validation procedure for copy protection.

Just installed it, and there is no uninstall option on the start menu. You have to insert the cd to get an uninstall option. This will happen, even if you do the usual, and just delete from the trainset folder.

If this is indeed a valid cd, then try turning off your AV and firewall before running it. They may be interfering with the validation routine.

Beer is not a matter of life and death. It is much more serious than that.
    mervyn.

maiatcat Guest

What do you mean by AV? I'm referring to the unistall in windows xp control panel. I dleted teh stuff from the uninstall icon that appeared on the start menu. That left part of the uninstaller referenced in controlpanel/add or remove programs.

AV= Anti-Virus program.

What version of the American Classics cd do you have. Mine came from Just Trains in the UK about 3 years ago, and still works today. It uses a validation routine that checks the cd, and if it finds that it is a copy, which will not have the correct code on it, the validation routine refuses to install.

It may be the case that your cd has somehow managed to corrupt in this vital area of the disc.

Beer is not a matter of life and death. It is much more serious than that.
    mervyn.

There's a trick to reinstalling AC. Insert the disc head to Add or Remove Programs then uninstall, even if the program claims to be uninstalled. You should then be able to reinstall using the disc. Happened to me a few years ago.

Nathan

P.S Can anyone send me the Club TA stock for AC. I never had the chance to download it. Drop me a PM if possible.