Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Sketchup Problems

Default RE: Google Sketchup Problems

Hello Randy,
    "I am still not sure what I need to do with the materials that I couldn't export."

You have to create these colors yourself using the MS Paint
    program, just use the bucket fill tool.

"BTW, When I save the texture. Can I name it anything I want or what, Because it is asking me to put a texture name in."

NO, it has to be exactly the same name as the .jpg filename.

"I have 4 choices of BMP files and they are monochrome bitmap, 16 color bitmap, 256 color bitmap, and 24 bit bitmap. Which one should I save it under?"

Save it as a 24 bitmap.

Take care,
    Rich S.

Hello Jeff,
    Are you starting with just one object and using the push-pull tool to help create the different shapes? This will help keep the polygon count down.

Take care,
    Rich S.

No; I didn't know that would make a difference. I've created each section separately and then moved them together.

I'll give that a try!

Thanks, Rich.

Jeff

Here is a new question that I have. I downloaded a model from the 3d wherehouse and it had 5 textures.

Here is the question. With one of the textures in MS paint. I find out that when I draw the box around the texture. The starting width is 35 and height is 139. I was told the textures need to be 128 x 128, So how can I make this texture 128 x 128 if I cant get that.

Randy
    See your inbox.
    Bob
    Have a sparkling day,
    Bob

[SIGPIC]https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic56455_1.gif/[SIGPIC]

Just check my email and PM...Nothing. I guess if it is a email. It will be in my email shortly.

What To do if Sketchup show 'Not responding' While Exporting objects into s and sd files

AFAIK, Google SU does not export s and sd files. Exporting is handled with the shape file plugin. That's in the file library.
    I don't remember if the plugin exports sd files with the s file. I had to build my own which is easy to do.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

You need a plug-in to create .s/.sd files when using Sketchup. I use the one available at Elvastower.com, which I believe is the latest version of the plug-in.

A 13 year old thread got bumped to ask about "program not responding" while exporting. The Sketchup program is a different beast now. You might as well try Blender.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts