Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!:Activity Editor Problem

Default HELP!:Activity Editor Problem

Ok, so in Activity Editor, when I try to place a consist, the consist is not showing up on the track, I know it used to, but it doesn't now. PLEASE HELP!
    THANKS,
    Nathan

Default RE: HELP!:Activity Editor Problem

I am having a related problem.

Trying to place a loose consist in any of the WUPPER EXPRESS-11 activities results in "Send......." !

Had that with other routes too and have yet to find an answer to that problem ! :-(

O t t o

Not related. His problem is corrupted registry keys, used to be a utility called aefix.exe to correct that, not in the file library anymore.

Your problem is most likely some error in one of the other WUPPER activities or consists, or even an unrelated activity in another route. What does RR say when you run the "check all activities" thingy?

Hi Jim !

Route Riter reports no errors checking all the WE-11 activities !

@ Nathan - If you tell me the full path of where your MSTS has been installed then I can supply you with a Registry fix for it !

O t t o

Local Disk (C:)/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Train Simulator/

"Route Riter reports no errors checking all the WE-11 activities !"

Hmmm, that one of them loop-de-loop routes? If RR can't find anything wrong in check all activities or any of the others (check consists, check rolling stock), then it's probably one of your kludged paths giving it a spaz attack. IIRC you said in another thread you got around the autoplaced reverse points by marking the point as broken, then continuing on. Never tried that, so I dunno what effect it would have on the activity editor.

"@ Nathan - If you tell me the full path of where your MSTS has been installed then I can supply you with a Registry fix for it !"

aefix checked the registry automatically to find the path, then removed the AE keys (which are automatically regenerated when you start the activity editor), but as far as I can tell aefix is no longer available anywhere. Any chance you or Mike could make something similar? This "invisible consists" problem happens every few years on my system, every couple of months on my son's system, and since he creates and deletes activities a lot more than I do I can only conclude that continued use eventually corrupts the AE registry keys.

Try this, if this is your problem.
    Ted
    Here is one way to fix that:
    It is not mine, I copied it a long time ago.

Ted

If you can no longer see the loose consists and the playback no longer works, you may need to edit the registy. BE CAREFULL, as this can destroy your computer if you are not carefull.

- Run regedit. (Start->Run->type in regedit then press OK)
    - Search the registry for HWRenderer. (Ctrl-F in the regedit window,
    then type in 'HWRenderer? in the search field, I search only for
    keys). It will take some time to find it during which the regedit
    window does not change at all, there is no progress indicator.
    - When HWRenderer is Found, on the right window pane click on the
    first entry starting with ?AE_ ?, then hold the shift key and click
    on the last entry starting with ?AE_?. All the ?AE_? entries
    should be selected.
    Release the shift key. Press the 'Delete' key and delete all the
    entries.
    - Start the activity editor.
    - Load an activity and ensure that view->service info is checked.
    - Select tools->verify starting state
    - The consist should appear in the 2D view

Hi Jim !

I have just uploaded a MSTS HWRenderer Registry key fix to:

http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/downloa...ditors-fix.zip

As for the loose consists problem in the Wupper-Express 11, it's tracks and activities paths are unchanged ! The loops I put into the Beta version so that I can test most of the main line paths in one round trip with my SFX-HST !

Have just asked other users of it to find out whether they too get problems.

As for reverse loops, you have some in the PON-10 too. None of the routes which have some cause any problems placing loose consists into, including my SEVERE test route, which has many activities paths using most of them in one go, like this one below ! ;-)

O t t o

I've been working with the Activity Editor for some time. In the beginning everything was all right. But after some time it stopped showing these options -"take other path"/for a path/ and switch in another direction. I mean at a junction I can't switch to another track/the path I make/. This option simply doesn't appear.

Another thing is, I can't write the timetable in the Next station display, this display I can't touch.

Guess it's again this registry. BTW Ottodad,the link in your post doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by priatnia View Post
    Guess it's again this registry. BTW Ottodad,the link in your post doesn't work.
    This is an old thread and I have just posted in another one that the MSTS Editors fix is now here:
    http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/msts-do...ditors-fix.zip

O t t o