Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Seen This Loco?

MikeBrobst Guest

Default Have You Seen This Loco?

Does anyone have any more photos of this engine? I'm trying to make it in TSM but this is the only photo I can find, any help with photo's or even general dimensions would help.
    [Link Expired]
    Also if anyone has ever seen any other drawings like this (I'm working on this one also) please let me know where I can find them.
    [Link Expired]
    ---Mike Brobst---
    [MARQUEE direction ="right"]
    [Link Expired]
    [/MARQUEE]
    ---Toledo, OH---

Default RE: Have You Seen This Loco?

At the ADtranz works in Kassel, a new Diesel-electric locomotive has been presented, the result of a co-operation between ADtranz and GETS (General Electric Transport Systems, Erie/USA). The DE-AC33C, named "Blue Tiger", is the first prototype of a whole new range of locomotives, especially for Asian countries with limited clearances and axle loads. The carbody (derived from the Egyptian DE2550, with narrow hood and two end cabs) and the 3-axle "Flexifloat" bogies (derived from the Eco2000 line) are built by ADtranz; the diesel engine, generator and traction motors come from GETS (derived from their American Dash-9 line). The 6-axle prototype, which will be tested in Germany first, reaches 120 km/h with a power of 2430 kW and weighs 108 t. Up to 200 km/h and 3240 kW are possible with the same concept. Pakistan Railways have ordered 30 units for 1676 mm wide gauge.

From Europen Railway News

Dave

There is a black and white photo in MR (forgot which issue) but it is of the same side

MikeBrobst Guest

ok, thanks. If you happen to see any dimensions let me know...width height and length is all a really need, I could probably guess the rest.

---Mike Brobst---
    [Link Expired]
    [/MARQUEE]
    ---Toledo, OH---

Hmm..I would assume DE-AC33C would stand for
    Diesel-Electric
    Alternating Current
    3300 HP
    6 Axles?

[Link Expired]
    http://www.colute.net/cwm/contrib/ru...coolgleamA.gif -Darkfyre

I've been working on this one too, but in 3d canvas. Everything I've done earlier has been in TSM. This is my first try at canvas and it's going pretty slow. Here are some additional pics I have. I don't have a roof shot and not a real clear picture of the bogies, but for what they're worth, here they are:

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

I also have cab photos, but will have to resample them at a lower rate because the files are too large. Once I do that, I'll send them.

Dave

MikeBrobst Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-02 AT 02:08PM (EDT)[/font][p]I found a few more myself, I'm sure there's more, just need to keep looking :) Where did you find yours? I'd like to get the larger copies if I could. this is the only shot of the top I have found so far.
    [Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]
    ---Mike Brobst---
    [Link Expired]
    [/MARQUEE]
    ---Toledo, OH---

MikeBrobst Guest

Found another one of a HO scale model
    [Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]
    [Link Expired]
    ---Mike Brobst---
    [Link Expired]
    [/MARQUEE]
    ---Toledo, OH---

That "tiger" unit is quite unique looking.. (haven't seen one of those before since I'm on the western side of the planet)

But I'm curious as to what the heck that BCTransit (Translink) "thing" is!? When was that picture drawn!?!?

Thanks,

[font color=dark red] cdntrains [font color=green][marquee scrollamount=4][Link Expired] [Link Expired] "must be trains in the blood" :) [/marquee]
    [marquee scrollamount=4 behavior=slide][font size=1] http://www.frograil.com/gifs/gifs.htm [/marquee]

MikeBrobst Guest

I have no idea when it was drawn, I ran into it when I was looking for train pics, it seemed like it would be a neat idea for a project if i can find more pics

---Mike Brobst---
    [Link Expired]
    [/MARQUEE]
    ---Toledo, OH---