Thread: HELP WITH MAKE ACE

trainwaiter Guest

Default HELP WITH MAKE ACE

I know you guys have went over this a hundred times, but I don't get it could someone go over in english how to use make ace I have several new skins I have started but can't use this damn thing..

trainwaiter Guest

Default RE: HELP WITH MAKE ACE

My main problem is make ace tells me that it can't find source file should I be saving it in a specific folder/directory I know everyone is really busy but doesn't everyone want more add ons? my message has been viewed 55 times and no response? come on fellow train simmers I expected more help from you .. Oh well

scobleizer Guest

Your question is too broad to answer, sorry.

Post a very specific question and you'll get a fast answer.

I still don't know enough about it to help you with the broader questions. It works great on my system.

It does not matter what folder you save the source files in.

But you have to tell makeace exactly where they are. The easiest way to do this is to first switch to that folder using the DOS cd (change directory) command. Optionally, you can include the entire DOS path as the argument (though personally I sure would not want to have to type all of that).

Otto_DaFaye Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-12-01 AT 06:53PM (EST)[/font][p]You have to use DOS to run makeace. If you try from Explorer it will run for a millisecond and then close again. I had to remember how DOS worked to operate makeace. One helpful tip mentioned earlier on this board was to create a new folder on your base C: drive directory. Copy the makeace program into it. Then you can use Explorer to copy your new textures into the folder you made with makeace in it.

What this does is make it possible to run makeace without a whole bunch of extra paths to type. So "makeace c:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\trains\gp38\us2gpcol1.bmp c:\program files\microsoft games\train simulator\trains\gp38\us2gpcol1.ace" becomes "makeace us2gpcol1.bmp us2gpcol1.ace".

You can do all the file moving from Windows, but when it comes to actually running makeace you have to use DOS.