Thread: Square wheels

robbiet69 Guest

Default Square wheels

Ok, I made a few skins, from tga files using PSP. I have square wheels. I even split the mask, edited it a little and attached it back and still have square wheels. Help!!

Default RE: Square wheels

From what I've read, you need to use -trans at the end of the makeace command line, Here's my line for the gon I'm working on:

C:\makeace.exe us2crgon.tga US2CRGON.ace -trans

Of course, when I get the car in the sim, the alpha isn't working and the wheels are square :( I still have some experimenting to do, but hopefully the solution will turn up.

Xacto

Oddly enough, I have never used the "trans" argument with makeace, and I always get transparency where it's supposed to be. You do have to be careful not to screw up the alpha channel; if you do you get square wheels. I was just checking the default cars last night and even one of them has square wheels!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-01 AT 06:46PM (EST)[/font][p]Hey,

Use ADOBE Photoshop 5.0 LE or any version of Photoshop.

I have used it extensively and no problems with the ALPHA
    channels.

And no need for the -trans command.

Good luck,

Controll

robbiet69 Guest

I am using Paint Shop Pro, but cant seem to solve the wheel prob. Someone had said something about it having to be 32 bit. My program will only save from 8-24 bit. Not to mention my Makeace just wont work. So, if there is anyone that is willing to convert a few files for me so I can share, let me know. Nels? maybe I could just send you the tga's and you can convert and post? (As if you dont have enough to do around here) ? :P

Well, if anyone wants to help me out till I find my problem....

You can send them to me and I'll save them as 32 bit TGA's if you want. I'm going to be converting my textures for the CR gon from 24 to 32 bit tonight and see if they work correctly.

Xacto

[email protected]

I'm afraid I am going to have to retract that offer to convert those textures, I just noticed that PSP7 only saves as high 24 bit for TGA's unfortunately :(

Xacto

From what I can tell, saving the TGA as a 24 bit file DOES work, at least in PSP7. I tried it and the texture is now transparent in the Sim. This project has been a real learning experience so far :)

Xacto

Just as an addition to this subject...

I suspect most people have noticed that even when you get the alpha channel right the box car wheels come out oval instead of round. I did some playing around with the us2freight7 car and got the wheels to be much more round. Check out the crle-box.zip car that I uploaded today, and use that as your source for repaints of this type of car.