Thread: Where's the buildings?

Dak4482 Guest

Default Where's the buildings?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-01 AT 11:57AM (EST)[/font][p]I have done a complete install of the program but can't find any of the buildings or numerous other graphics in the route editor that are seen in the program. When in the route designer I can find the track and other items but there doesn't seem to be any buildings. Do we have to manually transfer those over from the program itself? Any help would be appreciated

Dan Kosko
    [email protected]

Default RE: Where's the buildings?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-01 AT 05:53PM (EST)[/font][p]If you found the track components, you should be able to find the buildings. First, make sure the Placement window is visible (checkmark Placement window under the Window dropdown menu), then click on More in the Placement window. At the top of that window, just below the words Object Class, you will see a drop down arrow to the right. Click on that and the various catagories will be displayed. Select Buildings, and the Building Sub-catagories will be displayed below in a scroll box.

Be Sure to back up the route that you're editing before doing any editing. I received a "Corrupt Files, cannot save..." message today while placing crossing signs at Essex (Marias Pass Route). Had I not backed up before editing, I surely would be uninstalling/reinstalling instead of writing this message. The files (listed below) that I backed up are located under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\Routes\USA2.

Marias.rdb
    Marias.rit
    Marias.tdb
    Marias.tit
    Marias~rdb.bk
    Marias~rit.bk
    Marias~tdb.bk
    Marias~tit.bk

Ferrari355 Guest

I don't see it too

Dak4482 Guest

The buildings category is not there

Ferrari355 Guest

lol so were is it?

Conductor Guest

Look at the HACKED SHAPES post below this original one, in this same forum. It will tell you how to get the catagories for your scenery.

Ferrari355 Guest

lol I did a seach for it and only to come back to this post

Ferrari355 Guest

nevermind found it

Bobbybr0322 Guest

I still cannot find the buildings either...I will look at that other post .....