Thread: CLOUDS, WATERFRONT, AND NOW THE BRIDGE TO THE 21st CENTURY !

Default CLOUDS, WATERFRONT, AND NOW THE BRIDGE TO THE 21st CENTURY !

Here's some shots of a couple of bridges that I installed this morning and I do mean ALL morning. HINT: The track goes first! Then the bridge; First use the 'twister gadget' to orient it parallel to the track and then while the bridge is in wireframe use the PROPERTIES gadget (accessed by right clicking on the bridge in wirefame ) to nudge the bridge into place - NO SUDDEN MOVES - AND DON'T USE THE TWISTER GADGET FOR FINAL PLACEMENT or believe me - "you've lost it dude"!

David

[Link Expired]

[Link Expired]

RailroadKing Guest

Default RE: CLOUDS, WATERFRONT, AND NOW THE BRIDGE TO THE 21st CENTURY !

Awesome bridge David! I have not tried to build any bridges yet but I may decide to soon while I finish up my route.

RailroadKing Guest

Oh, what route are you using for objects to get those bridges? I don't think they are in the Marias Pass object contents. I am going to add in a few small bridges in my route to cross over some rivers.

>Oh, what route are you using
    >for objects to get those
    >bridges? I don't think they
    >are in the Marias Pass
    >object contents. I am going
    >to add in a few
    >small bridges in my route
    >to cross over some rivers.
    >

Hi Tim, I'm not sure which route they came from. I've combined everything for the 'learning line'. I dumped everything from the shapes and terrain folder of each line into the shapes and terrain folders of the 'Redwood and Shoreline' as I call it. I use the ref file that Chris Talpas ( hemo ) called combined.ref which lists everything ( just rename it so it works with your line ). It works fine but you can't always tell which is which as far as what line things come from. Since I am only testing/learning/exploring with it I don't care yet. Later when I build what I will probably call a 'layout',because of my model RR background, I will pay more attention.

By the way, speaking of model RR, have you seen this guy's work: ozzie_dave. His work reminds me of a model RR layout.

[Link Expired]

He has really got it figured out! Beautiful work, well thought out, perfectly controlled, well executed. I would like to 'get there' with my design work. He has a great 'eye' for it and can make it real, wonderful.

David

I think I saw the bridges in one of the Japanses routes.

Is there a way to "repaint" (reskin) some of these bridges out of the lousy color schemes used in Europe & Japan into basic U.S. railroad "flat black" with rust detail. Would probably require rewriting the texture file but I'm not up to that! Any suggestions? Also, is there a way of combining several short bridge sections (or trestle decks) into one single section to move to the span to be bridged?
    Joe Cooney

No idea Joe. I haven't tried skinning or repainting yet. Sorry. David